The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 489

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Well, this amp seems to divide people.
    DV Mark seems to keep striking out when they try to do a SS guitar amp.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a clip to give an idea of the sound. I love it.

User Info Menu

Dave, sounds great!
    I'm still lovin' the heck out of my Little Jazz.
    IMO it's got a lot going on tone wise.

User Info Menu

I would say £429 is very reasonable for a professional quality amp. If that's what it is... Would need to gig one!

Vids sound nice. Classic uber clean solid state. Great for that type of tone - I see Birelli endorses it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fusionman
    I have just bought DV Mark Jazz 12.
    Does anyone compared it to his big brother? Especially in term of loudness

User Info Menu

The DV Jazz 12 is way louder and sounds a little different. The Jazz12 sounds more " electric" and can handle some overdrive. The Little Jazz doesn't. I've played an open air gig with a 9 piece Funk-Rock coverband with a fairly loud drummer and had no problems with my stage volume...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phil79
    The DV Jazz 12 is way louder and sounds a little different.
    Thanks.
    Do you think adding a 12" cab to the little jazz when needed will do the same job?
    Last edited by michael_bxl; 07-08-2015 at 04:51 PM.

User Info Menu

I think so. Tried them side by side and they where nearly identical. It was a little bit odd but I had the feeling the 12 was a bit lighter?!?!?! So I bought the Jazz12....

User Info Menu

Just snapped one of these up here in France and am very satisfied. Played in trio format last week and it held it's own with an admittedly not very loud drummer as it seems to be doing here:
    . Well constructed and highly portable. I realise the fan may be an issue for some at practice levels, but since my Cube 60 with it's hiss never really gave me the chance to experience a completely silent practice environment I do not really find it a big problem. For that matter, with temperatures touching 40deg here this summer and fans around the house + fan noise on ancient laptop it's really a case of 'welcome to the party'!

User Info Menu

Here is my DV Mark Jazz 12: DV Mark Little Jazz-uploadfromtaptalk1436695453862-jpg

User Info Menu

Played it today with and without a 2x12 dv mark external cable. Sounds great and very light. Maybe what i need

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    Played it today with and without a 2x12 dv mark external cable. Sounds great and very light. Maybe what i need
    Can you tell us more about it ? Does it deliver more volume with the 2x12 ? and how much ?
    Can we use both internal and external speaker at the same time ?

User Info Menu

You can use external or both. Volume is similar but suond is more complete and rich. I played it with my es175: it's the kind of amp that does not "add" nothing to your sound but it enphazise your guitar. In the same time it is not completely without personality like the other solid states i tried. And it has great dinamic too!

User Info Menu

I was looking for a Twin, but now I'm thinking about buying this little monster with a 2x12. Together with my Peavey Classic 30 i should be ready for every situation.

User Info Menu

45W RMS@ 8ohm / 60WRMS@4ohm
    The internal speaker is 8 ohm
    And the external should be 8 ohm minimum.

How to use the mysterious 4 ohm/60WRMS of the amp ?
    Did they wanted to mean using the internal and external speaker at the same time ? (1/R=1/8+1/8=4 ohm)

Thanks

You can use external or both

User Info Menu

I used a lot of solid state amps and the best sound I can get from my tube amps: 8 watt for practise and 15 watt for gigs.I can get clean sound with great head room.

User Info Menu

I had mine yesterday.

I really liked its sound. I still need to find a good set up for a solid body.

As for the loudness, I could not open the volume up at home but I am not shure it is louder than my roland cube 20...

I will let you know more after having used it in real situation.

DV Mark Little Jazz

User Info Menu

I stopped into my local Guitar Center yesterday and they had the Little Jazz sitting there so I figured Id give it a go. All I had with me was my Seventy Seven Stork Jazz two with P90s so I plugged in. I was impressed , Im going back with one of my archtops to give it another go and see how it sounds with a fully hollow guitar. It was quiet, even with the volume turned way up so they must have sorted out the noise issue. The bass, mid and treble all worked quite well adding or subtracting in nice even increments, even the reverb sounded pretty good. Im hoping this will replace my Mesa Express 5 25 single 10" as its just to heavy for an old guy like me to be schlepping everywhere. Bob

User Info Menu

Lightness and sound. I guess it gonna sell a lot. What we use to call "italian excellence". Fuck Ferrari, w guitar amps ah ah ah

User Info Menu

Well I finally got a chance to take the L5 in to try the Little Jazz out. After spending about 30 min. in the private room with it I ordered one, it arrives today. Got a killer deal on it and got $60 in credit for another purchase too. I have to say one thing, it really has the tone Im looking for that I just couldnt get from my other amps. Im hoping its loud enough for gigs . I dont see a problem with the volume but until I gig with it I wont know. At worst it will be the perfect rehearsal / small gig amp. The wife is away for the next few days so guess what Ill be doing until the wee hours of the morning? Bob

User Info Menu

So I picked the LJ up earlier today and spent the last few hours playing it. Its stone quiet when the fan is running, zero noise. I guess the noise issue has been addressed. Its quite a nice sounding amp to my ear. I cant quite describe the tone I get with it . It does however get the tone I have never found in any other amp before, I love it to say the least. With the L5 Wes Mo the bass needs to be turned down a bit so as not to have the speaker sound flabby or farty but it can be controlled. With the thinline its not an issue at all. It doesnt have those high end spikes my old Roland JC had. Overall, so far after a few hours with it I think its a winner. My only concern is volume for bigger gigs but a mic will help there and in my area theres few venues for Jazz, Jazzish music that would require micing. so Im quite happy I took the plunge. Anyone want a Mesa Express 5/25 freshly retubed in red tolex with FS and cover???? Bob

User Info Menu

Hi,
    Did you ever try the extension cabinet with the little jazz? im interested i think now that ive got the wee bugger dialled in that might beef it up a bit. It sounds great with my es175. Regards. Nodog

User Info Menu

Yes even 2x12. Good at low volume

User Info Menu

I am picking up one of these today.

I compared it to a Hot-rodded Blues Junior with an Eminence Cannabis Rex and the tube amp was just like butter coming off the strings. That bright shimmer people talked about does seem to be absent from the amp, but what a great sound.

I play and focus mostly on blues right now, beginning to venture into Jazz, but need something small as we travel a lot (3 months here, a month there, etc.) and my whole setup has to be small and portable. I had been using a Blackstar id Core 20 and for all the toys in it, I turned it on manual, added some reverb, and started playing - that was it. So the LJ seemed like a great fit, better sound, and just plain cooler.

I have always been a tube snob, but as I researched "solid state amp for blues" I discovered BB King, whose tone is instantly recognizable, played "mostly" through a Gibson Lab Series SS amp - go figure. There goes my tube snobbery right out the door....

I am going to be doing some direct recordings of blues, with pedals, etc. Will have to post some junk if anyone is interested in the "how does it handle pedals" factor.

User Info Menu

I hope it does the trick for you. I love mine, its one of the best sounding amps Ive had. Bob