The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 80 of 80

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mad dog
    Since this thread started, I found another excellent delay+reverb combination:

- Maxon AD-10 analog delay. Excellent sound, capable of barely on, subtle adjustment
    - OneControl Prussian Blue reverb. Somewhere between hall and spring. Mini size. lovely sounds

These plus a little clean boost are always on for jazz practice with the Polytone MBII. I have no idea how any of it would sound live. (At this rate, it'll be another 900 years before I'm ready for that ...) But it sounds especially good with the old Guild X50 in my office.

MD
    Hi, since i saw your post about the OneControl Prussian Blue reverb i want to check one out now!!. in the vids that thing sounds great and its small and it doesn't pull alot of power says "Consumption current: 27mA" my MXR Reverb pedal is 240mA!!..it drains my Volto in like an hour and half!

I also just saw they are making a MXR Carbon copy mini. geez i should have researched this stuff before i start buying pedals..lol

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Misty: The params make sense if you do it as follows. Turn everything to minimum.Turn the "level" or "mix" up pretty high. (You still won't hear much reverb.) Turn "dwell" up until you can hear a little too much reverb. Turn "brite" or "tone" (or whatever they call it) up until it's as "airy" as you like. Turn "decay" up until the reverb lasts as long as you want it to last. Leave "diffusion" turned off in most cases. Now that you have too much nice-sounding reverb, reduce "level" or "mix" until it's just enough to sound good.

User Info Menu

A recent revelation for me has been the pre-delay control on certain reverb units (lexicons, strymons etc.) that lets you adjust how long after you play a note the reverb "happens". Combine that with a long single repeat delay really low in the mix, and you can play with a very lush sound without it getting in the way of your dry tone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikusan
    A recent revelation for me has been the pre-delay control on certain reverb units (lexicons, strymons etc.) that lets you adjust how long after you play a note the reverb "happens". Combine that with a long single repeat delay really low in the mix, and you can play with a very lush sound without it getting in the way of your dry tone
    Reverb's delay parameter is a good one to be able to control. I haven't played much with TC's TonePrint editor, but that is one of the sliders you can play with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Digitech Polara
    Haven’t tried it in real life, but heard several demos on Youtube and it sounds incredible!