The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwparker

I agree these seem interesting. They aren't making me negotiate twenty levels of classic rock presets. I want to get one and see if I can come up with something like a Gibson EH-150. Or an old ampeg. I downloaded the software and the EQ options are a little less than what I'd like to see. For example, you can't have a Baxandall style tone stack, though maybe you could fake one, But you can do a lot of stuff

User Info Menu

I love what I hear in all the demos. I wonder how well they take pedals like the Nocturne Barnyard. That could be your solution, PB +J.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I love what I hear in all the demos. I wonder how well they take pedals like the Nocturne Barnyard. That could be your solution, PB +J.
    The following demos are good (amp, then editor) and in the first I believe pedals are used. Any review Peter does is good in my book. He works with Andertons on many of their demos and always does a great job.

User Info Menu

Hmmm as a Katana head owner I'll have to check out the cleans on this one. Another video below which goes into the internal setting.

User Info Menu

I've bought the Nextone Artist some days ago - it'a wonderful amp in particular for jazz stuff.
    I plugged in my Yamaha SA2200 and it sounds better than ever before.

User Info Menu

If Boss would put this in a small head format, I'd buy it. I own the Katana 100 head but I wish it was even smaller. In addition, I generally only use the clean channel with just a splash or verb and delay.

User Info Menu

Those amps are amazing, but I think they must be a hard sell at that price point. I just don’t think there are enough buyers ready to give up their tubes yet. So, re-brand as Boss, build a little cheaper, and knock down the retail price. I’d love to have a Blues Cube artist, but man they’re pricey. Also, would like to know few more details such as the components life and the assembly board. Is the PCB have the enough tolerance for replacing different components to bear the heat? Who is the manufacturer of PCB in this case? I have seen the PCBs manufactured by Bittele are long lasting in my previous purchase but i need to get details about your PCB also. Could you please check on this.
    Last edited by TamiDuke; 12-03-2021 at 11:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Dieter,
    Can you explain what you mean with "the nextone is a great amp for jazz?"
    Is it warm? Enough headroom? A bit like de Jc jazz amps?

I tried a Dv Mark jazz 12, but is was too bassy, too dark for me. I guess the nextone has much more possibilities. I am used to an old Cube 30 , which is very crispy, much high, but also harsh in the higher notes. I live in Holland where i can buy alle these amps in one shop.
    Maybe your experience can help me decide.

Thanks Pim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    If Boss would put this in a small head format, I'd buy it. I own the Katana 100 head but I wish it was even smaller. In addition, I generally only use the clean channel with just a splash or verb and delay.
    I'm in the market for a Katana / Nextone/ Blues Cube and interested in your exoperiences. (See my post titled Katana Nextone Blues Cube - Same Amps?)

User Info Menu

Hi Pim,

sorry for my late answer - wasn't aware that someone rose a question.

Yes, definitively it has got enough headrom to play loud and stay clean.
    I bought the 80W version which is far enough to compete with a whole bigband;
    you can switch it to half the power or even less (5W).
    By use of the Nextone Editor you can manipulate headrom if standard setting
    doesn't server you well

Dieter