The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22

User Info Menu

Does anyone know of a single power jumper for chaining one pedal to another? One-Spot has the big spider cables for chaining a whole board together, but I just want to run the One-Spot into my tuner, and one jumper over to my reverb pedal, and that's it.

I found this on Amazon a while back...
    Amazon.com: DC 12VDC 12V 9V Power Adapter Male to Male 6" patch cable 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm: Home Audio & Theater
    It looks like it would work but doesn't 'click' in and make a connection. But it will give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morroben
    Does anyone know of a single power jumper for chaining one pedal to another? One-Spot has the big spider cables for chaining a whole board together, but I just want to run the One-Spot into my tuner, and one jumper over to my reverb pedal, and that's it.

I found this on Amazon a while back...
    Amazon.com: DC 12VDC 12V 9V Power Adapter Male to Male 6" patch cable 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm: Home Audio & Theater
    It looks like it would work but doesn't 'click' in and make a connection. But it will give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
    Something like this?

John

User Info Menu

There is this: Voodoo Lab PPAY Pedal Power Voltage Doubler Adapter 18V/24V Power Supply Cable 813140010231 | eBay
    It should do the job you want, connect two pedals from one power supply. You can also get cables which connect 3, or more, for about the same price, just in case you decide you decide to buy another pedal sometime.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Something like this?

John
    Close! Which might be as close as I get.
    But I don't really need the female component. Just male-to-male.
    I could run the power into this Y though and then the two plugs into the pedals. That might be what I end up having to do.

Edit: Actually, this one might work. Worth a try.
    Truetone DC12 - 12" Ang-Str Connector Cable | Sweetwater
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    There is this: Voodoo Lab PPAY Pedal Power Voltage Doubler Adapter 18V/24V Power Supply Cable 813140010231 | eBay
    It should do the job you want, connect two pedals from one power supply. You can also get cables which connect 3, or more, for about the same price, just in case you decide you decide to buy another pedal sometime.
    Yes, I have one of the spider cables for multiple pedals. I have a bigger board that I use that with.
    I just want to have a simpler option of tuner->reverb when I don't want the whole board.

User Info Menu

A straight male-to-male cable won't work, I don't think, even with a battery in one pedal, but I could be wrong because I've never tried it.

User Info Menu

A straight male-to-male cable won't work, I don't think, even with a battery in one pedal, but I could be wrong because I've never tried it.
    I can still power the tuner with a One-Spot. I just need to go from the power-out of the tuner into the power-in of the reverb pedal. Just like with the spider cable...just with less legs.

Just trying to avoid this rat's nest...
    single pedal power jumper?-img_20181022_170442_2-jpg

User Info Menu

First off, I'd start with a Godlyke PowerAll, rather than the One Spot. Same setup, a power plug, with 5 connection daisy chain. Based on my experience, the PowerAll works perfectly, never a problem in many years of use. Whereas I have heard of One Spots failing.

Then I'd either:

• Snip off the three unused connectors, or
    • Securely tape them up, leaving room for pedal board expansion.

User Info Menu

Probably more then you want to spend bit here is a pedal train nank with a cioks dc5 power supply moumted
    Underneath clean and you add another pedal or two down the road single pedal power jumper?-5dc76297-1fc6-4a34-a03c-4fa3dad9f941-jpg

User Info Menu

Again, I have a pedal board....a Pedal Train Jr. It's been powered with a One-Spot for the last 6 years with no problems.
    I probably have 15-20 pedals between that board and my drawer of pedals...it's not an issue of 'if I want a couple more pedals down the road'. I have more pedals. I want more pedals. All the pedals! But I don't want to have to carry them all when I don't plan to use them.
    The scenario I'm working with is for when I don't want to carry all that stuff, just a tuner and reverb, but don't want to rely on batteries alone.

User Info Menu

I forgot to note, about isolated power supplies: seems they work well for others. Eventually, I realized there was no need for me.

I went back and forth between a pedalpower supply and the Godlyke PowerAll. At home, at rehearsals, at gigs. There was no difference I could hear. I finally sold my pedalpower unit. The results didn't warrant the extra weight.

That could be pure luck. Maybe I just didn't have the most noise prone pedals.

User Info Menu

Close! Which might be as close as I get.
    But I don't really need the female component. Just male-to-male.
    I could run the power into this Y though and then the two plugs into the pedals. That might be what I end up having to do.

Edit: Actually, this one might work. Worth a try.
    Truetone DC12 - 12" Ang-Str Connector Cable | Sweetwater
    Thanks!
    I actually misread what you were talking about and thought you were looking for a "y" connector (forgot for a moment that tuner pedals have power-out jacks to drive pedal chains) to power two pedals from one adaptor. The one you link to here would work. I guess worst comes to worst, you could cut two legs off a spider or "y" connector and splice them together and cover the splice with electrical tape.

John

User Info Menu

isolated power believer here!!...gives each pedal its correct individual needed juice...stringing all pedals off one, things can get wavy....spec wise! like the difference between using a fresh 9v battery in all your pedals, and year old ones ...putting out just 7v..things can get wonky

industry standard voodoo labs iso5 works like a charm for smaller 3-5 pedal rig..and has 18v capability for any v power hungry pedals...like some of the echo and modulation pedals are! and you never have to worry about batteries or noisy pedal connections again

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I guess worst comes to worst, you could cut two legs off a spider or "y" connector and splice them together and cover the splice with electrical tape.

John
    Yes I considered splicing something together and shrink-tubing it. Hopefully the one I ordered works out. It probably will.
    I don't think that other one I ordered was designed for pedal applications, and even though it looked like it would work, it didn't. Sometimes the cheapest thing available on Amazon isn't the answer.

Interesting side note...I got a call from Sweetwater rep after I placed the order. I guess they see a high roller with $3.99 in his pocket and they want to set the hook.
    The number came up as 'Tesla Supercharger' from Ft Wayne, Indiana on the caller ID. Did Elon buy Sweetwater?

User Info Menu

Yes I considered splicing something together and shrink-tubing it. Hopefully the one I ordered works out. It probably will.
    I don't think that other one I ordered was designed for pedal applications, and even though it looked like it would work, it didn't. Sometimes the cheapest thing available on Amazon isn't the answer.

Interesting side note...I got a call from Sweetwater rep after I placed the order. I guess they see a high roller with $3.99 in his pocket and they want to set the hook.
    The number came up as 'Tesla Supercharger' from Ft Wayne, Indiana on the caller ID. Did Elon buy Sweetwater?
    Where there's $3.99, there's $4.00. They can smell that penny over the internet.

John

User Info Menu

"...smell that penny"

I like it!

User Info Menu

ok again not exactly what you looking for but Holeyboards makes a product called the ZAG and it comes with (4) rubber feet and plenty of twist ties so you can attach your pedals and secure the excess 9V leads out of the way underneath the board and as least clean up your rat's nest

Also for those interested a much cheaper alternative to a Pedal Train Nano and no need to stick Velcro on the bottom your pedals.
    I got the ZAG shipped with the feet and twist ties for around $30

New! Holeyboard ZigZag — Chemistry Design Werks

single pedal power jumper?-holeyboard-zag-jpg

User Info Menu

It works! Thanks everyone!
    Also, got a 2nd followup call from Mark at Sweetwater. Came up as Tesla Supercharger on the ID again. They really want that penny. But at least they're trying. Who knows, maybe I'll call him next time I need something...like a $4 cable or a Tesla.

User Info Menu

I got a call and I haven't bought anything in a long time. They seem to be just contacting customers to make sure they're not forgotten.

User Info Menu

I got a call and I haven't bought anything in a long time. They seem to be just contacting customers to make sure they're not forgotten.
    Did it show up as Tesla on your caller ID?

User Info Menu

Just the number.

It works! Thanks everyone!
    Also, got a 2nd followup call from Mark at Sweetwater. Came up as Tesla Supercharger on the ID again. They really want that penny. But at least they're trying. Who knows, maybe I'll call him next time I need something...like a $4 cable or a Tesla.
    There is a Tesla Destination Charger thing in the same complex as Sweetwater, so it's probably a case of the same number being shown for all calls made from within that area.