The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Which provides a more beautiful tone ? And response? Doesn't it have to be the Fender tube amp in both answers?

$499 Fender Pro Jr IV weighs 23 lbs. (tubes, 10", tweed appearance)
    $399 DV Mark Little Jazz weighs 15 lbs. (solid state, 8", reverb, white appearance)
    Last edited by rintincop; 10-04-2018 at 10:05 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Fender Pro Jr. IV  vs. to DV Mark Little Jazz?-dv-mark-little-jazz-dvm-lj-242-jpgFender Pro Jr. IV  vs. to DV Mark Little Jazz?-pro_jr_2_large-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Fender Pro Jr. IV  vs. to DV Mark Little Jazz?-s-l300-jpg Fender Pro Jr. IV  vs. to DV Mark Little Jazz?-vbggnbex3aigg8d32gnhtv-480-80-jpg 

User Info Menu

Just buy the little jazz already lol

User Info Menu

After reading your gear listed at the bottom of your post, you NEED a Fender Pro Jr. IV! Just stick a 'verb pedal in front of it.

That said, if you want an amp with more of a jazz purpose, go for the DV Mk Little Jazz.

Both are cool grab n go rigs.

User Info Menu

My Pro Junior is a III and I love it. But it was hissy before I put good tubes in it, and also there is no reverb, so I can't say it is as convenient as the Little Jazz. There are trade offs, but really this is a win win question. Both choices are winners. I'm a big tube amp fan, but if the Pro Junior died, I can be perfectly happy playing the Little Jazz too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rintincop
    $399 DV Mark Little Jazz weighs 15 lbs. (solid state, 10", reverb, white appearance)
    Speaker is 8"...not 10"

User Info Menu

Hey - that's my old Little Jazz in the bottom left photo !

I sold it on eBay last week. How did I manage to sell it with such a lousy (perspective) photo ?

I'm already regretting the sale - but I have two many amps already and am about to start another NAD thread early next week.

I notice the Pro Jr. is really dynamic, it responds to guitar picking by "pushing" the tubes then translated to the speaker. The solid state amps doesn't really push in my experience.

User Info Menu

One of the best amps I ever owned was a Pro Junior III after I replaced the cabinet with a 12 inch solid cabinet from Mojotone, and their very own Greyhound speaker. I also had the cabinet covered in seafoam green tolex. It was warm, articulate, and it could fill a room! On top of that it looked great, and from what I recall the overall weight basically stayed about the same. To this day I can’t explain why I got rid of it, but I regret that decision every day.

User Info Menu

Pro Jr...one of the great amps. Loved mine.

User Info Menu

That white space heater is really an amp?

User Info Menu

So much Pro Jr love, hard to square with my experience of this amp.

Makes me want to give it another try.

User Info Menu

Nobody will get anywhere, though, with me, by slighting the DV Mark Little Jazz. That's a lot of amp, with a lot of practical functionality, with great tone, in a very small, light package. No need to put down one amp to praise another.

How about the Fender Champ ‘57 Custom reissue? The Rembrant of tone? Mic it for loud situations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    So much Pro Jr love, hard to square with my experience of this amp.

Makes me want to give it another try.
    Let your own ears be your guide, not anyone else’s. If we all liked the same amp or guitar we would all be playing an Artist Award through a Henriksen. Hey, what if we all loved and prefered the trombone instead of the guitar?

User Info Menu

Pro Jrs are inexpensive and convenient - that's a good reason to revisit....

User Info Menu

So is the DV Mark obv