The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Dear Fellow jazz guitarists,

Here is a new video of my Slaman DS-250. Daniel Slaman was greatly inspired by the prewar Gibson ES-250, but he changed a couple of things (shoulders redesigned, CC pickup with individual pole pieces etc.). Soundwise, this guitar is just becoming better year after year.

Cheers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, Fred, it's been three years since you acquired it. And you still have it and play it. That is great!

Wishing you many more good years playing it!

User Info Menu

Sounds beautiful, and very fine playing. What's not to like? Keep it up, Fred.

User Info Menu

Freddy my man!
    the Slaman is “slammin” in your hands!
    Great Guitar, great playing. Thanks for sharing.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Love it, Fred.

User Info Menu

No scarf? I'm surprised you can play without it. But you certainly can.

User Info Menu

Sweet as can be, thanks !

User Info Menu

Truly a lovely guitar and you always lay down a sweet performance. I might have to get me a Slaman one of these days... Terrific Job !!

Big

User Info Menu

Nice,
    btw, ES-250s had individual pole piece pickups

User Info Menu

Here's the pickup from a '40 ES-250. The blade on the CC pickup is divided into six separate components:
    Slaman DS 250 - 3 years after-es250-pu-jpg

User Info Menu

The best!

User Info Menu

Thats a nice guitar to come home to

User Info Menu

Dear you all,

Thank you for sharing my enthousiasm for this guitar. I will do more videos, including with no rhythm section, to give more room to her sound.

Big Mike, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this type of Slaman guitar in comparison with your L5 equipped with the CC PU. Probably in the same ballpark...hand-carved archtop, 17" etc. The only notable difference is probably the bracing, X-bracing with the DS and parallel gracing with yours I guess.

Mrs. Wintermoon & Greentone, sorry for the confusion with the historical ES-250 CC pickup. Actually, I should have written "adjusted individual pole pieces". Daniel has conceived this adjustment to optimize the sound given by a 12"-54" string gauge with this mic'.

Slaman DS 250 - 3 years after-mike-cc-jpg

Jabbs, dear fellow, although no one knows the future, I will never part with this guitar. That's the one I'm using the most in gigs.

Joe D, old pal, you're too good with me..I will deserve a signature guitar maybe after 6 more lives of hard jazz guitar work !

As for wearing scarfs...this was due to terrible cervical problems over the last 4 years. Now I'm luckily rid of this pain and I wear scarfs just for fashion...

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Beautiful tone and very nice playing! Which amp have you used?

User Info Menu

Fred,

That is one sweet axe not to mention your stellar playing. If Slaman was on this side of the pond I would have one for sure. Love your playing and tone my friend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barcia
    Beautiful tone and very nice playing! Which amp have you used?
    Fender Deluxe Reverb ‘65 reissue. Bass and treble 5/10.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Luscious! Thank you!

User Info Menu

Sounds great and looks beautiful, Fred. I have wanted one since you first showed it off. I may have to settle for an older ES 150 with P90, but I'm sure yours is worth every penny/Franc/Euro! I think the DS250's are the prettiest of Daniel's work. Maybe I should get in line and order one.

User Info Menu

Another great video Fred! I've been watching a lot of Daniel Slaman's videos recently - I see a DS-250 in my future.