The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

I've never seen a floating pickup that attaches like that. They usually have a flange that sticks out the side. I woudl email that shot and one showing the cut out on the finger rest to Heritage. Just out of curiosity.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I've never seen a floating pickup that attaches like that. They usually have a flange that sticks out the side. I woudl email that shot and one showing the cut out on the finger rest to Heritage. Just out of curiosity.
    Good catch BDLH. Frankly, if it were mine, I would have a luthier mount a Gibby Classic 57 in it. I know, I know, but I seriously doubt I will spend the kind of $ needed to get an L-5, so this would have to be it for me.

User Info Menu

The top is not routed, I doubt that my Uncle would EVER allow anyone to cut the top of this guitar. I suspect he'd rather rip off the Bartolini and use the Eagle accoustically (which is not a bad idea).

I did exactly as BD suggested. I sent the photo and a description of the installation plus all serial number data, the whole works in a LONG e-mail to Heritage.

Here's what I got back from them (below). I leave it to your imagination as to my response back to them. I'll talk it over with my Uncle but I suspect that I'll make him a wooden pickguard, which would be a lot prettier than the embossed plastic thing anyway ...

Yes
    The price is 200.00 for matching color pickguard ( no cut-outs or holes
    drilled)
    3-4 weeks after check received
    ren
    269-385-5721

User Info Menu

OK, it's gone - no more Heritage Golden Eagle to kick around. An interesting exercise and I now have a lot more respect for the guitars than previously. Ditto for the Bartolini pickup.

Oh yeah, when I was looking at the Golden Eagle on the Heritage website this morning, I found that the one I just sent to my uncle was one of the first 1,000 made and registered under a special system that stopped with number 1000. That's what this is all about:

So this particular guitar is the 249th Golden Eagle ever made. Interesting ...
    Last edited by randyc; 11-11-2009 at 09:32 PM.