The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

My coily cable is an ORANGE Lava brand.

Suits me more for its color than its sound.

Heavy and good for fending off the the raving groupies.
    Waiting to prove that theory.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone old enough to remember coiled cabled won't hear the frequencies rolled off.

Seriously, rolling back the tone control on the guitar and boosting the midrange is something I do anyway.

User Info Menu

Circa 1969-'70:

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny W.
    Circa 1969-'70:

Danny W.
    Nice Jaguar! An inexplicably under-appreciated guitar. Mine is a '64 and is earmarked for one of the great-grandchildren.

User Info Menu

I use Oxygen Free coiled cables with Gold Connector's with my Oil Can Guitar,

Elvis Presely adored them

User Info Menu

Presely spelt incorrectly to avoid blasphemy issues

User Info Menu

Newly available from Fender:

Fender Hendrix Voodoo Child™ Cable, Purple

User Info Menu

Any audio cable used for musical instruments can be accurately modeled as an R/C circuit. The effect is similar to an old fashioned treble control. But when you rotate a treble pot you only vary R. Since changing the length or design of a coax cable also affects C, you might end up some more dramatic effects in tone.

For extremely long audio cables (like 2000 feet) the R/C model begins to fail and one must use a transmission line model. That was an issue for analog telephone systems, but doesn’t apply here.

Here’s the technical analysis:
    http://audiosystemsgroup.com/TransLines-LowFreq.pdf
    His conclusion: “Thus, at audio frequencies, a cable less than 2,000 ft long is no more complicated than its series resistance and parallel capacitance. As the cable becomes longer, or as frequency increases, the cable will begin to behave as a transmission line.”