The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleOM
    Anyone recently order the TI JS112 strings?
    I've bought two sets this year that were both of good quality, no roughness on any string. Had three bad sets last year.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I just bought an used guitar last night that has TI flat 12s on it (I didn't ask how old they were), and I’ve found exactly what it says in the title. The pick on the G has the scratchy attack due to the roughness.

It’s my first time with TI’s, and coming from Chromes for so long - I’m really not used to the lower tension yet either after night 1.

User Info Menu

I just bought 4 sets of TI Swings (11s) and two sets of Benson Flats (12s) and no problems at all so far. No rough strings. I recently switched from Chromes and I'm much happier, personally, with the TIs. Just my preference, of course.

User Info Menu

Sadly I just put a set of JS112’s on my L5. They were all very rough and sounded really bad and would not intonate.
    I had to chuck them. I had a older set of JS113’s and they were smooth and fine. $25 straight into the garbage can.
    This is the 2nd bad set of 12’s I bought recently. I have another set that is just fine. Maybe some bad batches ?
    I hope they haven’t lowered their QC standards.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Sadly I just put a set of JS112’s on my L5. They were all very rough and sounded really bad and would not intonate.
    I had to chuck them. I had a older set of JS113’s and they were smooth and fine. $25 straight into the garbage can.
    This is the 2nd bad set of 12’s I bought recently. I have another set that is just fine. Maybe some bad batches ?
    I hope they haven’t lowered their QC standards.
    The lack of manufacturing date codes on the packaging doesn't help. It's really difficult to understand what is going. Not sure if things are better or whether some people were lucky and stumbled onto NOS.