The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Levy
    With Dunlop straplocks for every guitar weighing more than a full hollow (339, LP, Strat, 335 like)
    Always set to maximum length to go around my belly

(Reminds me of a concert of Popa Chubby : the guitar tech went on stage before the show, just to tune the guitar. The Strat was litterally below his knees ! So my son asked me : will he (Popa Chubby) play with the guitar that low ? The obvious answer is : no. On Popa Chubby's body, the guitar is just at the right position !)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Depends on who I'm whipping....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Joe
    Those look really cool. They don't look very comfortable, but I guess looks can be deceiving.

The website is annoying, though.

I know, looks are deceiving. They feel like a light massage! A bit heavy, but not in a bad way. And, they have some momentum when you put your guitar back on a stand, tend to slam around if you aren't careful. I have 3, I like the "Gordo" the best. I think they did change name brands, but they are the same thing.

User Info Menu

I have 2 Levy's, one like this...

MV17TT-DBR/TAN Veg Tan Leather Guitar Strap - Levy's Leathers

And another similar but all black. The first I got "thrown in" with a guitar package I was buying, the second was literally in the case of the used ES-135 I bought plus an unopened pack of chrome strings as a freebie.

These are heavy duty and super comfortable. They will last longer than you will--you can pass them on to your grandkids.

Ironically I rarely stand or wear a strap, but if comfort with a strap is at all important to you, these can't be improved on IMHO. Not cheap, but worth it.

User Info Menu

Levy’s M26GF

User Info Menu

Action Straps Simply Classy leather
    Brookwood 50s Style

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbarn
    My favorite is the El Dorado Durango model

https://eldoradostraps.com/2014/06/0...tas-nice-list/

A bit spendy, but wonderful leather, well made and super comfortable.

I'm also rolling with the El Dorado "Vintage Plain" strap.
    Very comfortable, will likely still be in use in the year 3714...

User Info Menu

After spending about a year using some nice leather straps I picked up used for a great deal, I am back to my super cheap, very thin, very pliable leather straps. The pliable ones are easier to leave on the guitar when putting in a gig bag (or even in a hard case - I can do that with my carved top) and they are less likely to loosen the strap buttons on the guitar.

User Info Menu

I've got a strap in every case or gig bag and several loose ones for guests and spares - everything from nylon and cloth econo straps to Levy's of all grades (except the super deluxes,) widths, and colors. The ES-175 has a tooled-leather extra-wide that says "Gibson" loud and proud. Nearly all of them have a strap-lock on the neck end. Basically, I go for wide and long. I've got one woven cotton strap with no metal parts I take with me for guitar shopping so as not to scratch anything. And of course, if I buy a guitar, an new strap is usually part of the deal.

User Info Menu

Another Levy's user . I sit and play but always use a strap. The waist of the guitar usually goes over my left leg classical style and the strap takes the weight. Sometimes I go full Joe Pass -

What guitar strap do you use?-pass-jpg

Will
    Last edited by WillMbCdn5; 05-07-2018 at 08:47 PM.

User Info Menu

always use a strap, even when sitting. usually on the couch, always in the classical position.

long time couch user here. never had a durability concern and they feel fine. not too expensive, look great, secure, they work and they last. a little concerned about the metal parts on my acoustics but they do make plastic fittings, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertito
    I just bought the most beautiful straps from McMurray and Blonde:

mcmurrayandblonde.com

These are cut to length, so no metal parts, and they’re made from Horween Chromexcel leather. Highly recommended.
    had been curious about these for a while now. didn't know they had a #8 strap now. shame i don't need that many. price seems friendly for what you are getting. though i am a little worried about the custom length. if i want to try it on a different guitar, or my shape changes with time, it'll be off. wish they could accommodate for that. especially going from an acoustic to an electric or a deep bodied hollow to a thinline or something.

also, between us: i like to wrap the strap across the face of the guitar, like allen collins did. it just sits in a great place and feels right. only problem is that i don't play a v or an explorer. hard to pull that off with very large, very round guitars. maybe if i had some suede on the inside to grip it?

User Info Menu

Been using a Fender tweed style strap like this for a long while with different guitars:
    Fender Vintage Tweed Strap – Thomann UK

Just ordered one these old school style slim's which adjusts from 34" to 56". I chose this brand because I sling my guitar high at 40" adjustment. Most of these style ones adjustment starts at 45" +.
    Vintage Guitar Strap - Premium Italian Leather - Dark Brown - CNZ Audio

User Info Menu

I always wanted to try one of these waist mounted guitar holders....