User Info Menu

Thought you guys might like to see a new vid with the CC

enjoy
    all the best
    Tim

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I hope it's fine if I revive this thread:
    I thought about getting a 50s MIM telecaster in sonic blue.
    This one right here: Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster MN SBL – Musikhaus Thomann
    It has the nice fat neck, and the classic wiring, none of that Baja S-1 switching.

What I would like to do is putting two of the telecaster Lollar CCs in there. As you might know, routing/carving out the pickup pockets is necessary. Can this be done by myself? And is there also some adjustment needed on the pickguard?

The guitar would cost me 788 €, the two CCs around 400 € (ouch!). This relation could be a bit disproportionate, but that what happens if you decide to get boutique pickups...

Of course I am influenced by the great Tim Lerch here, who gets an amazing sound out of his teles, no matter if CCs or classic Fender singlecoils.

Maybe there's someone who has done this mod. If somebody could post a photo of the routing manual (that comes with the pickups) that would be great. I couldn't find it online, and while Lollar posted some instructional videos about installing them, it didn't clear things up for me too much.
    Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards, Max.