The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 78

User Info Menu

Congrats on that beauty, it's really a work of art. Another piece of Kalamazoo history.

Your post on the humbuckers brought back a story I heard once. A Gibson or early Heritage employee was tasked with bringing a pick up truck load of PAFs to the dump. Maybe around the time of the move. Maybe Pete M.?

Again that is beautiful. I recently found a local H525 that I am blown away by. Enjoy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    All the photos I've seen of Heritage archtop neck joints show a mortice/tenon joint, not a dovetail joint:
    My bad. You are correct, sir.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73Fender
    Congrats on that beauty, it's really a work of art. Another piece of Kalamazoo history.

Your post on the humbuckers brought back a story I heard once. A Gibson or early Heritage employee was tasked with bringing a pick up truck load of PAFs to the dump. Maybe around the time of the move. Maybe Pete M.?
    That was Pete Moreno in the early 60s. McCarty told Pete to take some large boxes of PAFs to the dump because they needed to space for other purposes. Pete said he loaded up a pickup truck and got rid of them. They were considered junk back then.

Pete mentioned that a few years ago to me when he was talking about how current guitarists have no idea how things worked at the Gibson plant in the 50s and 60s. He has a lot of stories, mostly positive. Many are pretty funny.

Aaron Cowles was the same way. He was assigned a McCarty project long ago. It involved the design of the Flying V and the Explorer. Aaron had to move the pickups around while they found the best locations. Aaron thought they were monstrosities.

User Info Menu

I think Zucker used an Eagle thinline for a while.

User Info Menu

I'm taking the liberty of posting Danny W's L-5 thinline. It has a strong resemblance.

Heritage Golden Eagle thinline-l-5cestfl-front_01-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-l-5cestfl-side_01-jpg

User Info Menu

You really knocked this one out of the park Marty !! Again my congratulations to you sir...
    There's a lot to be found up there, stuff is probably gonna come out of the woodwork for years that'll have us all going "Damn that is incredible".

Kudos...

Big

User Info Menu

Nice-looking guitar.
    Needs nicer-looking knobs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Nice-looking guitar.
    Needs nicer-looking knobs.
    Donations accepted!!

User Info Menu

Spectacular guitar Mark. I bet it is a pleasure to play!
    i really like the concept of a thinline GE.
    Enjoy it for a long time to come!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    Donations accepted!!
    Gibson-style gold bell knobs w/metal caps would fit the '60s vibe of that guitar quite nicely.

User Info Menu

I'm really happy that this fine specimen is going to Mark where I know it will be appreciated. It likely is the last thin line G. Eagle with this many options that we'll see. Should be there tomorrow!

User Info Menu

The guitar landed in great shape. Packing was excellent. The weather was kind.

The guitar is really attractive. There's a fair amount of red in it, but is more of a re-brown. This is not anything like a clownburst- no offense to any clowns out there.

The top has some nice claw in it. The action is very low without buzzing. The neck has enough roundness to feel just right. It's not flat or round like a bat.

The MOP inlays are nicely figured.

I'll plug it in tonight.

Here are pics to prove it arrived. They are shot with my phone.

User Info Menu

Well, shit. I have to resize them. Later.

User Info Menu

MG, that could be your pride and joy right there.
    I hope you mesh with it as much as I think you will.
    I like it because it kinda looks like the Byrdland that Jimmy Fallons' guitar player uses from time to time.
    It has the sexy binding in what looks to be same the cutaway.
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    The guitar landed in great shape. Packing was excellent. The weather was kind.

The guitar is really attractive. There's a fair amount of red in it, but is more of a re-brown. This is not anything like a clownburst- no offense to any clowns out there.

The top has some nice claw in it. The action is very low without buzzing. The neck has enough roundness to feel just right. It's not flat or round like a bat.

The MOP inlays are nicely figured.

I'll plug it in tonight.

Here are pics to prove it arrived. They are shot with my phone.

User Info Menu

I'll try again. These were shot inside, which makes the guitar look redder. I put a couple of Gibson red guitars next to it for contrast.

Heritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0193-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0194-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0195-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0197-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0204-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0199-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0201-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0208-jpg

User Info Menu

That is a gorgeous axe ! Congrats Mark.

User Info Menu

Here it is next to my thinline Super 400. The Heritage is 2 1/4" and the Gibson is 2 5/8".

I will have to take daylight pics to reflect the color.

Heritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0205-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0209-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0210-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0211-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0212-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0213-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle thinline-100_0214-jpg

User Info Menu

I'm adjusting to a new photo website. I give up on worrying about rotating the images for now.

The guitar sounds just excellent with Chrome 12s. The pups are low output with superb clarity and minimal compression.

I couldn't ask for more.

I'm very happy with this lightweight jazzbox.

Thanks, Gary (guitarcarver)!

User Info Menu

You are very welcome sir. I thought it would be a good fit. Thank you.

User Info Menu

That’s the only guitar I’ve ever seen that loses its sunburst when you hang it on the wall.

User Info Menu

When winter is over I will take some sunlight shots. The shading is hard to show with my primitive equipment indoors.

User Info Menu

What a beautiful instrument! Congratulations, MG, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Stunningly beautiful!!

User Info Menu

Stunning guitar, looks like it has a fast neck like an Ibanez, it looks to be in near perfect condition.
    Could the two little cracks at the cutaway binding be drop filled and polished.
    Congrats, would love to hear it played.

User Info Menu

Better lighting pics.