The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 81 of 81

User Info Menu

Thinking of ordering chaos, and all the work we put into learning to play when most of us just play on the sofa... made me think of this incredibly moving TEDtalk, inspiring for anyone who sweats details that most others would just ignore:

https://www.ted.com/talks/ed_gavagan...ce=tedcomshare

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds fantastic - beautiful playing, too. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I just want to say I always follow JoeD's threads. Reason? There are two kinds of posts that predominate on this forum. Some are just talkers, talking about gear. Some are players, posting clips of their playing to journal their progress, demonstrate technique or instruments, or just to entertain and edify.

Then there are people who do BOTH. Joe is someone I love to hear talk about guitars because he knows them intimately and loves them passionately. But he also plays. Wow does he play. And he shares his playing with us

Thanks Joe, both for your wonderful playing and for your gracious, knowledgable, passionate conversation!
    The Gospel accorded to Lawson Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar - Wikipedia

Frankie loves you guys, remember jazz is also about improvising. Improvising is a conversation in the moment reflecting what is going on around you. Memorizing a frame work is great. Memorizing everything is a recital. It's all good. The venue has a lot to do with the reception.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier
    The Gospel accorded to Lawson Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar - Wikipedia

Frankie loves you guys, remember jazz is also about improvising. Improvising is a conversation in the moment reflecting what is going on around you. Memorizing a frame work is great. Memorizing everything is a recital. It's all good. The venue has a lot to do with the reception.
    I didn't say anything about "shutting up!" I love the conversation. I think the best conversation is when we converse around our own efforts to make music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I didn't say anything about "shutting up!" I love the conversation. I think the best conversation is when we converse around our own efforts to make music.
    Music is conversation. I'll have to figure out how to post some so I can become as diversified as Joe.

User Info Menu

I didn't get SHUT UP out of that post, being a hopeless Zappa fan I caught the quote immediately.I think FZ did 3 multi cd releases of his solo work live called Shut Up And Play Your Guitar.
    Only saw him once in LA in like early '73 and it was amazing... Doggone, he was playing some Japanese made Les Paul to death...

Anyway enough of my yacking...

Big