The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Could you help us by being clearer?

1. What is your budget?
    2. What guitar(s) will you use with this amp?
    3. What type of music will you play with this amp?
    4. What sort of sound are you looking for?
    5. How loud does it have to do? Where are you playing? Who do you play with?
    6. What features are important to you?
    7. Is the weight of the amp an issue?
    8. For the Lunchbox, have you considered buying an external cabinet?
    9. (Has to be asked) Tube, SS, both, hybrid....?
    Again, it would help if you could answer these questions. My mind-reader's turban is at the dry cleaners.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Yep, only jazz. 400-500 maximum. Don't really need a lot of volume, and I will use for practice, and some small jam sessions. Weight is important. I'm not looking for the holy grail of tone. I normally plug into whatever is available, and don't mind that much. Not really into tube amps but wouldn't mind the Blues Junior, I tried a Pro Junior and kinda liked it. I think I'll end up with the lunchbox, though. Cheapest, lightest, most practical option I think.

I looked for one of those too, but it was impossible. I think I can get the AER for about 400$, otherwise I'll order a lunchbox. How would the AER take pedals?, I play 99% clean but I want to use a RAT form time to time for a Rosenwinkel-ish tone.

User Info Menu

The Compact 60? Im sure we have some owners in this forum, but my rule of thumb is: the cleaner the amp the better it can work with pedals, and AERs are clean amps.

User Info Menu

I currently use a Cube 60 since 1 year with an excellent ES335 clone (old virtual paf dimarzio equiped), with an excellent internal wiring and audio note paper oiled capacitors : it only means that the guitar sings good...

Finaly, I don't enjoy palying on the Cube 60 : not enough harmonics, not enough emotion, a little bit "cold".

May be an explanation : presence, delay and reverb are really poor compared to the amp power section itselve.

For sure we can accuse the guitar and the player, but it's only my opinion...

User Info Menu

So are these orange Rolands supposed to be a better sounding amp than the current versions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BobD
    So are these orange Rolands supposed to be a better sounding amp than the current versions?
    I've not played the new one, but I have played my USACG "jazz tele" through an old orange version and it sounded wonderful

User Info Menu

...you're right BigDaddy !

Even if the current one stays verry correct for cleans, it has a lack of smoothness & emotion.

I'll sell mine this week to try another way...

So long guys !

Where are you going to use it, my pastor is a awesome jazz guitarist and has a PHD in music. Besides guitar I play bass. He uses a lot of Jazz style chords in our worship services and leads. We have a big church and a big band we use me playing bass a piano player, drummer, acoustic guitar, congas,trumpet player lots of singers and the Pastor Playing a Les Paul tru a Fender all tube Blues JR. and I couldnt believe the sound he gets and that little 15 watts is louder then my friends 30 watt transistor amp and is really clean. check one out. If your not playing super large gigs its great if you are mic it. Just a suggestion wouldnt hurt to check one out.