The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Those Wilkinson ebony tuners work fine. You also have the option of swapping them out for German Schaller M6's - there's no additional drilling.
    OEM Schaller M6 tuners suppled to Hofner and a few others builders, share the same spacing as the Wilkinson. Regular and mini M-6 Schaller tuners have different tab spacing. Specific Gotoh models also have the same spacing as the Wilkinson.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Wu club! I swapped all the electronics on mine when it I took delivery three years ago, but left the Wilkinson tuners on. I've had no problems with them.

User Info Menu

I've had Klusons on my 335, 339 and h'bird and they're not typically well regarded either. I'm glad to hear the Wilkinsons performed well for you.
    Last edited by CamillusUSA; 10-01-2017 at 12:58 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm relatively new on the Forum, so I hope you're all ok with this - I've created a new thread (don't want to monopolize Helling's thread about his beautiful new guitar) called "Show Us Your Wu?".

My thoughts are IF you have a Wu and would like to post photos and comments please do - CamillusUSA
    Last edited by CamillusUSA; 10-01-2017 at 01:17 PM.

The tuners seem to have a low gear but do the job. One tailpiece nut flew off when i tuned the guitar for the first time. Swapped the nuts and tightened, seems to hold for now but will be replaced, i wanted a nickel one anyway. Mr Wu had only gold hardware in stock.

Hi,

Thanks for all the kind comments and I think we have seen enough here, i would like to end this thread, can a moderator help me?

Noel.