The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

I have an on and off Buzz issue with my cube 30x also.I've been using the bluer Jr. more because of it.Now I'm not sure I want to get an eminence speaker for it or spending more on it for other stuff!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm a real novice when it comes to the electronics but I'll add my experience with my amp. Similar issues with static or buzzing at variable times often would change by unplugging the guitar or turning off the amp and restarting. I have an Ultrasound AG 50 ( originally for acoustic guitar ) so I called the company and they said that the manufacturer of the jacks had produced a bad batch and many of their amps had this issue. I shipped it back, they replaced the jacks and since no problems. I wonder if your Roland has bad jacks that are not making adequate contact with you cable. Just a thought.

User Info Menu

Just for the heck of it,I tried out different amps on the same note that the buzz was strongest.I'm not sure if I was imagining it but the buzz certainly seems stronger on my 'modeling' amps,namely the cube 30x,the line6 spider II,and the line 6 POD. I wonder if all this digital circuitry makes these amps more sensitive to stronger vibrations?If so,there seems to be little point in spending more money on these amps.
    Also,I noticed that on my new es-339 which has the action set a little higher (came that way) there is hardly any buzz worth mentioning.
    At least to my ears,the demo videos on a lot of the amp simulators have a tell tale hiss following every note (more noticeable at higher volumes).
    Guess you don't pay that extra money and carry the extra weight on the tube amps for nothing!

User Info Menu

So here's another anomoly. When I very lightly touch the plug going into the guitar(when it's actually plugged into the guitar) it causes a buzz but when I touch any metal on the guitar it's dead quiet. Also, I'm still hearing a buzz or fuzz as a note trails off. I play at pretty quiet bedroom levels and it pretty apparant. I'll be heading over to Tom Karol's( a fellow poster here on JGforum) since we live a town apart. He has a Heniksen and a Cube 60. So hopfully I'll get things sorted out there by plugging into his amps and plugging his guitars into my cube30x. I'll post conclusions after we meet.

User Info Menu

We'll see if we can get the birdseye lowdown on this caper (FST)!

User Info Menu

Hello everybody!

I am a new one on the forum and I hope, that I`ll contribute in future some good stuff. I am coming from Slovenija so I hope, that you guys will tolerate my bad English.

For the start, I have two Cubes, old Cube 30 and one week old Cube 20X and I found up the same problem like the others, when i roll back vol pot on both my guitars which are MIM Fender Deluxe Player and Washburn WI64.
    So there must be something in Cube circuit which caused that phenomena.
    I have well grounded house electrical instalation and Cube 30 also has grounding, but Cube 20X haven`t. Anyway on both amps problem exist in spite of grounding.
    I haven`t any other amps at the moment so I wonder, if this phenomena exist also on other amps, no matter is it SS or tube. It will be nice, that someone testing that on some different amps not only on Cube.

Archie Guest
    Where in Slovenia? I'm in Maribor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    Where in Slovenia? I'm in Maribor.
    Hello Archie, I am from Brežice. So we are both living in "Štajerska"

User Info Menu

So I went to Tom's house and my setup was all quiet. Then I come home and there is the dreaded buzzing. My house just went thru major construction and I know that the house is grounded properly so I'm thinking that maybe the lack of a 3rd prong on the cube 30's plug may have something to do with it? Ant electricians out there that might be able to give some input? b

User Info Menu

Based upon all the symptoms you've described, I'm leaning heavily in the direction of a bad instrument cable. I suspect that you may actually be using an unshielded speaker cable instead of a shielded guitar cable. Either that or you have a broken ground connection at one end of your cable.

User Info Menu

I have low noise and good shielded guitars cables, so that is no reason for buzzing in my case. But I found, that the reason for buzzing on Cube 20X is the lacking of third-ground wire on the connecting cable. I just stick together cable metal plug from my guitar and a heating radiator with one wire with two "crocodile" clamps and the amp become totally silent no matter if volume on a guitar is on the full or it is roll back. The same was happened on Cube 30.