The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    I have offered to sell the guitar back to the family for what I have in it. Otherwise, it is not for sale to anyone. This guitar is a keeper that one would regret selling for the rest of one's life, unless it was to meet some higher good, such as getting a family icon back in their arms.
    Ted
    I have posted a post about this find on my own blog, with links to this post. I hope you don't mind, but I shared one of your images of the guitar. There's also a few of Rulon.
    Natalie Dumas-Heidt | Official site of author Natalie Dumas-Heidt

Natalie

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aliedumas
    I have posted a post about this find on my own blog, with links to this post. I hope you don't mind, but I shared one of your images of the guitar. There's also a few of Rulon.
    Natalie Dumas-Heidt | Official site of author Natalie Dumas-Heidt

Natalie
    Oh my goodness - this NGD is the best thread of the year. Probably the best I’ve ever seen actually. All of the family chiming in with history here and that blog post is all so heartwarming. I’m sure not alone in wondering what my oldest guitar has seen and who played it so what a gift for the OP (and us) to get to hear all of this. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Guy
    Isn't it great to hear a guitars history? We all have had guitars pass through our hands with interesting historys. We should all make an effort to record our time with these pieces when we send them to their new homes. She's a beauty,congratulations.
    I'm sure many guitars have stories that nobody ever gets to hear. I love having antique/old "everything" (like cars, furniture, etc.) for various reasons. There is not one old thing I have acquired where I have not thought about the past it may have had, and some have known pasts.
    This is one of the things that makes history so endearing. Old Object = valuable. Old object with history = priceless.