The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    Right. A LP with P90s sounds nothing like an LP with humbuckers.

A Strat with a humbucker sounds nothing like any LP.

The guitar in the video sounded LP-like to me.

OTOH, I had assumed that the solo on Stairway To Heaven was a LP until I heard it was a Tele.

And, from the sound, I don't think I could have guessed what guitar Ted Greene played.

...which blows EVERYBODY'S theories out of the water!! Excellent!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    EVERYTHING plays a part; I never said those two things are the ONLY two things....
    Just adding my two cents' worth, bud, relax.

User Info Menu

Not important but.... it's a brand new "design" based on a mix of classics yet this guitar has no history whatsoever as there were no Gustavsson guitars 60 years ago - so they relic/age it? I see no logic in that at all.

Edit: I forgot to add that this guy's left hand close ups could well be posted in the Technique forum as an example of great technique with no wasted movements. His hand stays in parallel to the neck and his fingers are always close to the strings, slightly arched and ready for the next note.
    Last edited by whiskey02; 06-29-2017 at 09:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus
    Just adding my two cents' worth, bud, relax.
    I'm perfectly relaxed, just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.... or someone didn't actually read my ENTIRE post....

I think this entire discussion is basically BS anyway, because when we talk about sound and tone, there are very few, if any, absolutes... everyone hears things differently. One person's "warm" is another person's "muddy", one person's "clarity" is another person's "bright".

User Info Menu

Actually, as a tele player of over 20 years, I can tell you, it's ALL about the sum of the parts. Neck material, angle, attatchment, pickups, metal plate, string attachment, body wood, flat peghead, all of it makes a tele. And the sound is subjective and tweakable...but the feel is all tele.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Actually, as a tele player of over 20 years, ...but the feel is all tele.

+1 to that. Nothing FEELS like a tele. (tele player for 23 years)