The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    But surely if people don't hear any differences between your guitars, does that not bother you? I'd hate it if my Tal sounded like my 175 ... Or my 125. Or my Kessel.

DB
    Mostly, they do sound the same. But if guitars feel different to you, you will play differently, and those sound differences will be heard.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    But surely if people don't hear any differences between your guitars, does that not bother you? I'd hate it if my Tal sounded like my 175 ... Or my 125. Or my Kessel.

DB
    Yes and no. I like to hear differences between my guitars (and I do, even in this video) but I don't want stark contrasts with how others hear them. I don't want to show up at a gig and have someone thinking "aww man...he brought his telecaster. That just doesn't sound as good as his L5 or 175" or whatever. So yes, I don't want my guitars to sound the same to me but I would like other people to not notice much of a difference.

The point about the instrument changing the way you play is a good point too. The PM100 and the 175 sound extremely close to one another - they are definitely the most similar guitars I have in my collection. But I am noticing that I play them both slightly differently because of the necks (and of course the higher fret access on the pm100).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro