The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

I don't actually care for Chromes all that much. But with my String Of the Month club card at Guitar Center, I can get them for $8. Hard to beat that deal.

I'll be getting the L-7C re-fretted sometime in the next 6 months or so (the frets are so small they seem painted on); I'll try a set of Benson 13s at that point.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You know, I don't know if there is a GB 13 set. Even if you go to 14s, the 3rd to 5th strings will still be lighter than in the Chrome 12s set. Such is the nature of TI strings.

I don't know if you stated whether you were looking for more tension across the board, or maybe just on the E & B strings. It's a common trick to sub 12, 16 for 13, 17 ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Socraticaster
    I don't actually care for Chromes all that much. But with my String Of the Month club card at Guitar Center, I can get them for $8. Hard to beat that deal.

I'll be getting the L-7C re-fretted sometime in the next 6 months or so (the frets are so small they seem painted on); I'll try a set of Benson 13s at that point.

With those frets, then I'd say for sure your next set should be 13's. If you decide on Chromes, I'd order a single .052 low E. ( The standard .056 is too much for me . ) Then you'd also get a pretty good feel for size the 13/52's of the Pyramid set.
    I tried TI's & Chromes in 12's on my L-7 w/ those frets - -and they just don't work.
    And once you get 13's on there, you may not be in such a hurry to swap out those frets.

Good luck.