The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22

User Info Menu

Made in Japan, current models. Ibanez, I would guess. Any others?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Maybe "Archtop Tribute", inventory. But I don't know how you'd get one out of Japan. To tell the truth, I don't know where they're made, because I can't read Japanese.

User Info Menu

If you can find one there are sometimes NOS Gretsch Synchromatic G400s for sale. They're made in the Terada factory in Japan -not hugely expensive. A lot of guitar for not much $$$$.

User Info Menu

Seventy Seven makes some nice models. Not really cheap, but not outrageous.

User Info Menu

Kingsnake guitars are made in Terada as well.

http://tauruscojp.wixsite.com/kingsnake

User Info Menu

Rozeo Ladybug

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-rozeo20ladybug20ltd202320-jpg

User Info Menu

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-05other_eg_083_03-jpg

User Info Menu

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-item_a4-rozeo95_2-jpg

User Info Menu

KAWAII des!

User Info Menu

Deviser Seventy-Seven Guitars Exrubato Jazz.

EXRUBATO-JAZZ | 株式会社ディバイザー

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Rozeo Ladybug

OMG I'm droolin' over that !!!!

User Info Menu

Rozeo Ladybug

Whoa cool!

User Info Menu

These Rozeo/Terada guitars look quite intriguing. 25" scale. Laminated spruce top/laminated maple sides and back/mahogany neck. 1.7" nut width.

The clip of the instrument with the CC-style pickup sounds nice.

User Info Menu

http://lastguitar.com/wp/?s=rozeo

Miki Gakki is the only other Japanese dealer of Rozeo Ladybug I know.

They are mostly based on the Gibson L1 acoustic parlour guitar size. Cool guitars that do not break the bank.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 06-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longways to Go
    OMG I'm droolin' over that !!!!
    Rozeo Ladybug LTD #28 ?P???o??????E???h?z?[???d?l?B???b?J?[?t?B?j?b?V???I: LAST GUITAR??u???O

It is JPY340200 with 8% sales tax, JPY315000 sans 8% tax ~ $2860. It even comes in a Shell Pink Case.
    Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-rozeo20ltd20232820281029-jpg
    Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-rozeo20ltd20232820281129-jpg

User Info Menu

At Last Guitar the Rozeo instruments look like they come in at about US $1,700. That's about ballpark for a Terada-made, new archtop, I should think. Several of the models look like real GAS territory.

User Info Menu

Prices shown include 8% Japanese sales tax which is extracted when they are exported. Shipping by Japan Post EMS runs about JPY15000. Bank wire attracts a fee of JPY4000 to JPY6000 that the Japanese retailer makes an overseas buyer pay most times.

Credit cards attract about 3.5% upcharge.

User Info Menu

Most any Gretsch MIJ will do Jazz or any other style with minimal amp compensation. Sadly the movers and shakers at Fender believe that most Gretsch models should have the horrid , ugly, heavy, out-of-tuner, abomination of a tremolo / whammy bar. Can you tell I don't like a tremolo bar? :-)

I got mine!

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-gretsch_6118s-jpg

User Info Menu

Rozeo Ladybug LTD #28 ?P???o??????E???h?z?[???d?l?B???b?J?[?t?B?j?b?V???I: LAST GUITAR??u???O

It is JPY340200 with 8% sales tax, JPY315000 sans 8% tax ~ $2860. It even comes in a Shell Pink Case.
    Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-rozeo20ltd20232820281029-jpg
    This has quite a volute!

User Info Menu

Hey, walkin have got these on the go...

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729t-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b6-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b4-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b3-jpg

I used Google translate...

Based on the know-how gained in the Archtop Tribute series, the series "ATC = Archtop Tribute Custom" planned as a brand that goes further on it. This is a tribute model "ATC 350 BK" for Mr. Bernie Kessel, a great jazz guitar player. As many fans all over the world are eagerly awaiting, the model of illusion which had never been commercialized until the end was finally commercialized.
    ?• Custom-made AAA grade · Hard Maple · Plywood, all-lacquer paint from the ground, Ebony handmade bridge assembly designed exclusively by Walken production, and CC pickup, pickguard specially designed, Made by Montreux USA Veil tail piece, fretting process on custom line, elaborate setup after arrival by Wokinghin ... If it is a brand-name product of another company, this model that seems to be a superior 5 thousand dollar class, the selling price is 330,000 yen! (* Case / Tax excluding tax)
    ?? Although products and conversion specifications close to one off have been scattered before now, the thorough remake to this point is perhaps the world first. Of course, full-scale mass production is also the world's first, so do not miss Bernie Kessel fans!

?? [ATC350BK: Spec]

?? [Body]
    · Body Top:? Highly Figured Hard Maple / Spruce Plywood
    ? · Body Top: Highly Figured Hard Maple / Spruce Plywood
    ? · Body Back: Highly Figured Hard Maple Plywood
    ? · Body Width : 17 "

User Info Menu

You can get a lot of guitar with the Archtop Tribute guitars. My next guitar will probably be an AT. I pop into the store regularly and they are much cooler in person. If you drop an email, Masaki, the owner, speaks English and I'm sure could answer any of your questions. There is another line of guitars that he started called Westville. These are a little higher in price than the AT line and ATC lines and are very unique in their design and attention to detail. In person they are beautiful. You can look them up on Facebook or go to the website www.westvilleguitars.com.

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-img_0433-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-img_0432-jpg 

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=jazzbow;779435]Hey, walkin have got these on the go...

Least expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729t-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b6-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b4-jpgLeast expensive Made-in-Japan jazz guitar?-290729b3-jpg

"This is a tribute model "ATC 350 BK" for Mr. Bernie Kessel, a great jazz guitar player."

Looks like a really sweet guitar.
    You could use some black tape, cover up the logo and it'd be just like "Bernie's".