The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

xx
    Last edited by Easy2grasp; 04-06-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: No longer wish to have this posted

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats! May she inspire your playing for many years to come.

User Info Menu

Wow it's really a beauty to behold that in photos of yours.
    Fellas this is the 2nd cat here that can tell you, the Heritage Auctions site does not do high res quality photos on their ad pages. They are very monochromatic and you just have to say "f it I'm sure it's a knockout in person" as my GB5 was. A builder gets a chance to build for Mr. Benson you know they're gonna really make him happy he ordered.

It's really a gorgeous piece. We really scored huh ???

Big

User Info Menu

Blondes are more fun.

Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    Wow it's really a beauty to behold that in photos of yours.
    Fellas this is the 2nd cat here that can tell you, the Heritage Auctions site does not do high res quality photos on their ad pages. They are very monochromatic and you just have to say "f it I'm sure it's a knockout in person" as my GB5 was. A builder gets a chance to build for Mr. Benson you know they're gonna really make him happy he ordered.

It's really a gorgeous piece. We really scored huh ???

Big
    To be fair, if you click on the main picture it opens a window with high res photos. BUT...you only get one straight on pic of the front and one of the back, no more than that though.

Their description can be very poor and their guitar team can be wildly inaccurate. If their description is wrong, they can be difficult to deal with after the purchase, but if you press the right buttons, they will jump into action and rectify the matter very well.

User Info Menu

Sorry about the hijack.

The Mortoro is absolutely gorgeous!

User Info Menu

That is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

You guys have really taken the game to a new level with these Benson guitars. Just so cool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    Blondes are more fun.

Congratulations!
    Reds and Blondes!

User Info Menu

That is a gorgeous instrument. The work looks immaculate. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Gorgeous guitar and piece of Benson legacy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

My guess is the piece of wood was the original pickguard brace.
    I think the L bracket was added later. Probably for more stability. Or maybe George didn't want that block deadening the top.
    That is a really cool piece you have. A handmade guitar that George possibly had modified. Complete with an old jar of bump cream!

Beautiful guitar. Thanks for Sharing it with us.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

What a stunner. You and the Big man totally scored some fantastic axes from "THE MAN".
    Personally I just wish I could kiss Mr.Benson's feet.

User Info Menu

Stunning, I love all-wood guitars, you and Big Mike are my new heros!

User Info Menu

Wow. Beautiful!

We need audio ...

User Info Menu

Nice score, congrats. Go ahead and post a thread asking which strings you should use and watch how fast we all turn on you lol.

User Info Menu

Does anyone know what Mr.B's D'Aquisto sold for ?
    George being 74 fully knows his time is running out and as guitarists we all know we are just temporary stewards of these wonderful guitars. George is doing the right thing passing on the torches to the next curators but still it has to hurt getting rid of your prized babies. George certainly doesn't need the money. George being a very honorable man is simply doing his duty as a musician nearing his career end. George wants his axes to continue making beautiful music.
    I will be doing the same thing very soon though a signed vinnyv1k certificate will only be useful in the bathroom :-).

User Info Menu

Play it till you're as good as George Benson!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    IMR nobody bid on the D'A. The starting bid was something like $47,500 -- add in the 25% house premium and you are very close to $60,000 out the door.

George is doing the right thing passing on the torches to the next curators . . .
    Mr. Benson did the BEST thing by not setting outrageous minimums on Mike's Testa Rossa and Easy's Mortoro!! Those guitars weren't giveaways but they were within reach of people seeking a sweet archtop, Q.E.D. Congratulations again to the lucky buyers AND to the inspiring yet sensible seller!

George certainly doesn't need the money.
    No idea, Vin.

In interviews around his latest, 2013 "Nat King Cole" record George talked about recording with the UMiami / Mancini Institute student orchestra because that was the way he could afford to record with an orchestra. Maybe that statement was a turn of the phrase, or maybe it reflects that Mr. Benson is as conscious of his dollars as the rest of us -- "Same boat, different deck!"

User Info Menu

He'll always have something going, even if he tours less than we'd like.
    After the auction all the instruments that did not sell live were assigned BIN prices that included the BP.
    I
    seriously considered the blonde LGB30 prototype made for him. I assumed it was made in Japan and probably pretty kick ass. But the opening price plus 25% buyers premium was way over what you would pay in store or on Reverb. It had a Make Offer which I tried offering 2k with and the software was preset to reject anything under $2500.00. I walked away with Red and was really happy.

That DA is something.

George being 74 fully knows his time is running out and as guitarists we all know we are just temporary stewards of these wonderful guitars. George is doing the right thing passing on the torches to the next curators but still it has to hurt getting rid of your prized babies. George certainly doesn't need the money. George being a very honorable man is simply doing his duty as a musician nearing his career end. George wants his axes to continue making beautiful music.
    I will be doing the same thing very soon though a signed vinnyv1k certificate will only be useful in the bathroom :-).
    Great words! GB's time is running out like the rest of us. Bennett, Frankie Valli, etc are still going strong. Benson ain't quitting any time soon. You can't take the musician out of the man. He's gonna die on the stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure the D'A had a reserve of $55,000 during the auction (add 25% buyer's premium or just make it $68,750) and the after auction buy it now price was over $71,000 for sure. I remember seeing that 7 and thinking who wouldn't want that!! People drop money like that for cars all the time. But people fret over spending money like that on a musical instrument. (Pun intended).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    I'm pretty sure the D'A had a reserve of $55,000 during the auction (add 25% buyer's premium or just make it $68,750) and the after auction buy it now price was over $71,000 for sure. I remember seeing that 7 and thinking who wouldn't want that!! People drop money like that for cars all the time. But people fret over spending money like that on a musical instrument. (Pun intended).
    The total was $71,875.

George Benson:1980 D'Aquisto Sunburst Excel Archtop | Lot #85011 | Heritage Auctions

User Info Menu

Wow !

User Info Menu

When I saw GB's 1980 D'Aquisto up for auction I wondered if it was the same one he's playing on this TV show from back in the 90's. It's not. George has owned at least 3 D'Aquistos, including Grant Green's, which he said was one of the best sounding guitars he's ever heard.