The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I have an original one of these (single pu), but the leads have been completely snipped off. When I check with my meter it reads about 10.6 ohms. It will be easy to attached a new wire, but how do I know which lead is which so I can rewire it?

Attachment 42624
    Either. It will work both ways, it doesn't really matter as long as you don't have two pickups parallel and wired out of phase (unless you like that specific sound!)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zizala
    I've got a few of these originals.....they sound great for my purposes.

Looking at your photo just as it sits.....the hot lead goes on the left terminal, and the ground lead is on the right.
    Thanks Z!

User Info Menu

Once again, thanks for everyone's help. My pickguard from Pickguardian arrived this week, and I've installed the pickup. It looks great! I still have to wire up the pots and take it to my luthier to get the endpin jack installed, and get the pickguard fitted properly (they can be finicky to set up properly, I've been told), but so far I'm very happy. The entire pickguard/pickup assembly has cost than $200.
    McCarty Pickguard Measurements-fullsizerender-18-jpgMcCarty Pickguard Measurements-img_8181-jpg
    SaveSaveSaveSave

User Info Menu

Well done and looks great!

I like those pots/knobs......

User Info Menu

Thanks zizala: The pots I used are very similar to these ones, except I used 300k pots:
    McCarty Pickguard Measurements-s-l1600-jpg
    Turn Knob Potentiometer 1K Ideal for Raptor Builds Fast Shipping USA | eBay

They have a very low profile. 6mm below the pickguard, 10mm above the pickguard.
    McCarty Pickguard Measurements-img_8191-jpgMcCarty Pickguard Measurements-img_8192-jpg
    SaveSave