The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    I've played both of them! I was working on a complicated trade for the 18" one, but it fell through. I subsequently found the 17" quite by accident and grabbed it. The two guitars are both configured as acoustics but sound quite different. If memory serves, the 18" is x-braced and has a surprisingly balanced and bright sound. The 17" is parallel braced and really different sounding - massive punch and thump but not bright at all. Both wonderful instruments.
    Hooray for Murray!
    The 18 inch is actually a little brighter than I would have liked .... but I got rid of the bronze strings and replaced them with John Pearse round wounds and they have mellowed nicely ... and I've grown to like the guitar

I will probably try some TI flats on it eventually just for fun .... on my other bright archtop acoustics the flats pull out the bottom end nicely and tame the highs more to my taste

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Marty...thanks...I am following up with the seller. Best, Kelly

User Info Menu

Kelly, that sounds like a great deal. The one I got was the same neck, but without a lot of the upgrades. I absolutely love it and the neck is perfect for me.

User Info Menu

I fell off the wagon for this '03 Campellone one not too long ago.
    And I'm glad I did. Wonderful instrument.
    Now strung with a set of TI Bebop.13 strings - perfect match.
    I didn't bother to colour balance the pix - it's darker in person, more red, less cerise.

This seems like a good spot to post it:
    -width - 16"
    -depth - 3 1/4"
    -nut width - 1 55/64" | 1.862" | 47.3mm
    -x-braced
    -no volute
    -snakehead
    -KA handmade P-90/Dearmond

Last edited by Hammertone; 12-12-2018 at 04:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Hammer, that's a beauty!

User Info Menu

Superb!

I have a "Special" finished in 2006. It's a humdinger.

User Info Menu

Well i always felt the scale to be very impprtant in determining the tone, 25,5 was way more slappier and percusive than 24,75 that i feel gentle but less responsive.
    But when i did play one of Mark's 24,75 guitar didnt felt really like a solid wood Es-175 at all... Was very responsive.

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk