The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A440
    Ok, I admit that a more modern version of a Tele such as a Warmoth can be really nice, but the original Tele was made as cheap as possible. That bridge was awful. It had a big metal cover over it too (possibly to hide it?).The Strat was a much better guitar (I used to have one), but it has also been greatly improved upon.
    I'll shut up now ....
    I'm of the opinion that, for better or worse (depends on your ears!) the bridge is the ruling factor in a Tele's tone, at least for the bridge pickup. That treble slot being held in a metal base seems to me must have some influence on Tele tone, whether or not you like it (and I'm no fan myself.)

Neck pickup? Not so much -- nice and warm even for a single-coil.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I just need one... more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    I see your point but to call it "hogwash" and say what works for you is not true for others, much like everything else in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What!? Not everyone aligns with my world view? Egads! Bacon baths and swine showers!

For the record, I am guilty as charged.

Still, if one is not financially irresponsible, then have at it. We can't all be Wes.

User Info Menu

Yeah I always associated the gear issue to be more about the time spent procuring said equipment than the actual ownership. I'd imagine owning 50 guitars is less time consuming than researching, hunting for, and negotiating to buy 50 guitars. Not that I'd know, I think I got up to 6 once but that's about it lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    As a builder of unusual archtop guitars, I believe every player has a MORAL IMPERATIVE to have a wide collection of guitars... and to spend recklessly on them!!! Many guitars or one guitar, from different perspectives
    I also encourage all of you to own many guitars, whether you play them or not.
    I especially encourage all of you to purchase the guitars that I have for sale.
    And, of course, ordering fine custom archtops from RWTW, Cushman, Rancourt and other upstanding guitar builders on this forum.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 03-11-2017 at 02:15 PM.

User Info Menu

I started with one guitar about 50 years ago, peaked at 18 instruments (including mandolin, lap steel, bass). I am now down to 13...with a few more to go...

In the end, I think I could get by with just one guitar.

But it would need to have several necks.