The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Here are a couple of mine. The first is a D'Angelico EX DC (a bargain used, if not cheap new) and a Fender Champion 20 on the BF Deluxe setting.
    The EX-DC has to be the best deal on the planet. It sounds superb, and is only equaled in appearance by the Ibanez AS-153. It sounds GREAT, your playing too!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Cheap gear? Gosh I use a an old Korean telecaster copy made by "Vantek" that I paid $99 for used. The amp I play through is a used 1986 Fender Sidekick 15 with an 8" speaker that I paid $35 for. For what I am trying to do (learn jazz guitar) it sounds fine to me. The tele is a full thickness string through lightweight body with a nice chunky maple neck with a slab rosewood fingerboard and medium jumbo frets. It could use a decent fret job. I have since removed the ugly Vantek decal. These pics are when I first got it a year ago. I have also fixed the intonation since these pics were taken and I plan on upgrading the tuners and electronics. It's not a bad tele for $99! Sadly I have no sound clips of it but I am working on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Great cheap rig sounds...-picture-010-jpg Great cheap rig sounds...-picture-009-jpg 
    Last edited by OldGuitarPlayer; 03-02-2017 at 09:38 PM.

User Info Menu

OGP that absolutly put a smile on heart man!!I hope you end up getting a tone to die for out of that rig!Just Great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    The EX-DC has to be the best deal on the planet. It sounds superb, and is only equaled in appearance by the Ibanez AS-153. It sounds GREAT, your playing too!
    Yeah, I'm very happy with the EX- DC. I was lucky to pick up one of the older "blowout" ones a couple of years after the fact in completely new condition (even still had the plastic on the pickguard) at the blowout price. If there's a better price:satisfaction ratio out there than that i haven't found it (except maybe my Strat). Thanks also for the kind words.

John

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    OGP that absolutly put a smile on heart man!!I hope you end up getting a tone to die for out of that rig!Just Great.
    Thanks man!

I like the simplicity. It lets me concentrate on playing the music. Here's a quick recording I just did direct from the amp's headphone jack to my PC onto Audacity with a little reverb added. It's my very first recording of this guitar and this tune so please excuse my lousy noob playing.

User Info Menu

Sweet.Thanks man.Now i got to tweek a sound out of my LP, Eastman ,Yamaha ,Sunn and Polytonethe 10 time nicer then that because thery'er 15 more expensive.My wife can never here this recording or i am so done.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    Sweet.Thanks man.Now i got to tweek a sound out of my LP, Eastman ,Yamaha ,Sunn and Polytonethe 10 time nicer then that because thery'er 15 more expensive.My wife can never here this recording or i am so done.LOL
    Thanks for the kind words......LOL!!! Don't let her see this thread!!!

There are some mighty fine players here who sound great! I must say Mr Beaumont's Kingpin through the Champ 600 is a really nice combo and well under $1000 on the used market. Like if you're lucky $700 for the pair. The Ibanez Artcore hollow body electrics are great bargains too. I just saw a used one for sale for $300.
    Last edited by OldGuitarPlayer; 03-03-2017 at 12:58 AM.

User Info Menu

That's some pretty stuff, no matter the price tag, brotha.