The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

this is a pretty darn nice looking one w/one of the nicest backs I've seen on a vintage 175.
    and it's another one w/bound headstock and painted f-holes..
    on closer inspection it almost looks like there's a white overlay under the black overlay and the edge of the black was scraped at an angle to reveal the white, like an original Stromberg

1957 GIBSON ES-175 N D PAF's Natural Very Clean ALL ORIGINAL with OHSC ES175ND | eBay

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a beauty for sure. I've often wondered how quickly something like this moves at 9500.?? Even as a collectable I wonder if there is much of a market for it especially given the state of archtops right now..

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    this is a pretty darn nice looking one w/one of the nicest backs I've seen on a vintage 175.
    and it's another one w/bound headstock and painted f-holes..
    on closer inspection it almost looks like there's a white overlay under the black overlay and the edge of the black was scraped at an angle to reveal the white, like an original Stromberg

1957 GIBSON ES-175 N D PAF's Natural Very Clean ALL ORIGINAL with OHSC ES175ND | eBay

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny
    That's a beauty for sure. I've often wondered how quickly something like this moves at 9500.?? Even as a collectable I wonder if there is much of a market for it especially given the state of archtops right now..
    Even though archtops are down I'm surprised this is still for sale. This is about what a sunburst 50's PAF ES-175D sells for in this condition, let alone blonde.
    Surely someone will come along and rape it for the parts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    When is he gonna cut that hair? Looked super ridiculous back then and just terrible now.
    It's official - we've become our parents!

User Info Menu

Even though archtops are down I'm surprised this is still for sale. This is about what a sunburst 50's PAF ES-175D sells for in this condition, let alone blonde.
    I agree, Wintermoon. I think this is a very good price for this vintage 175 in blonde. Especially if one could negotiate a slightly better deal.

User Info Menu

Parting out such a beautiful jazz guitar would really be a shame, but it might happen. The parts are worth a lot of money. Someone should buy it just to save it from the paf pirates.
    Keith