The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 64 of 64

User Info Menu

I just discovered something. My G10 refused to charge after a year or so, and I couldn't tell if it was the transmitter or the receiver causing the problem, so I bought a new set. Turned out it was the transmitter, and I kept the old receiver. I tend to keep one in place at home and carry the other one out. I decided to set them both up at home, so I could use either to two amps by just pairing the transmitter to the other receiver without having to change the cabling between amps. The first time I tried that, I thought the transmitter hadn't paired with the other receiver, because I was still hearing the previous amp. Closer investigation found that it had paired with the new transmitter, and stayed paired with the other. I had stereo. Two amps across the room, both connected to the same G10 transmitter, in perfect stereo. I just had to adjust the amp volumes to get them the same. It surprised me, because I didn't know that was possible. I had assumed that it would connect to only one transmitter at a time, but it will connect to multiple ones, by putting the transmitter into one, then the other. This might be useful for those who like using two amps. You can buy the receivers separately, AFAIK, I know you can buy receivers separately. I don't really need to use two or more amps at the same time, but if I ever do, I won't need any extra gear.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have been using my Line 6 G10 Relay nearly every day for about 18 months. I have noticed signal drop-outs of very short duration - probably less than 0.50 seconds. The issue has been intermittent, so I have ignored it. But the problem resurfaced yesterday. I am going to switch back to a cable to determine if the issue is the amp (a Gen 1 - Quilter 8 MicroPro) or the Line 6. I will keep you all informed.

User Info Menu

Had one for two months, no issues. Read that the XLR has no capacitance emulated while the 1/4” emulates a 10ft cable. Tried the XLR, seems even brighter with a clarity I had not noticed before. The science types might call that a case of confirmation bias, I’m hearing what I expected. So it’s probably not really there.

User Info Menu

Finally had time to play around with the stereo amp configuration tonight after getting home from work. If you call babysitting grandkids work. I have to say that an AI Clarus/RE Stealth 10 with a Vibrolux Reverb sounds pretty good. Louder than I need at home, and more weight, and pieces, than I'm willing to schlep anywhere, so it may not get a lot of use from me, but it's a great sound. Apparently the receivers remain paired to the transmitter until paired with another transmitter, which I don't have. What does seem a little odd is that when I was using the receivers separately, not in the same place, I had to pair every time by inserting the transmitter into the receiver jack, or it wouldn't work at all. The pairing to both only happened when both were in the same place, both powered, and I connected both, one after the other.

User Info Menu

Line 6 issued a recall for G10 devices:

https://line6.com/g10recall/

User Info Menu

Well, looks like I'm out of luck. I don't own a machine that runs Windows or MacOS. And I certainly won't buy one just for this.

User Info Menu

Neighbor kid?
    I have a PC but am currently deciding whether to just junk it and replace. Li battery fires make me Leary and I may never trust it again.

User Info Menu

Nope. Not going near neighbor kids for the forseeable future. Not that many around anyway. My neighborhood is about 40 years old, and still filled with the original owners. For a long time there were no children to be seen, as they grew up and left the nest, but they're slowly coming back as the owners die off and the houses are sold. There may be many more for sale soon. I'll just continue using what I have. I can run Windows executables under WINE, but it's a pain, because I don't even have it installed now. LiIon battery fires happen, but the battery in the transmitter is pretty small.

User Info Menu

From Line6:

This firmware update will reduce the charge the battery holds and therefore reduce the risk of overheating.

User Info Menu

Thanks TedBPhx for the info. I just tried to upgrade the firmware on my relay G10 but it was a no-go. Didn't surprise me since my unit seemed to have giving up the ghost a while ago. I was half hoping the new firmware would take hold but no such luck. Oh well...

User Info Menu

I’m scrapping mine. Hoping for a sale on the Boss WL20 system. Will think long and hard before another Line6 purchase.

User Info Menu

After cruising various gear forums I think the basic problem is the transmitters on these dongle wireless systems are small for convenience. But small means low use time so Line6 overcharged the battery. The fix reduces the amount of charge applied.

These small xmitter Li batteries have a 300-500 duty cycle, complete discharge to full charge, lifespan. That means replacing them every two or three years or less. Since none have replaceable batteries that means buying the whole package over and over.

I was standing right next to a buddy when he laid his LP on a table and forgot he was wearing one of those Shure types with xmtter on his belt, bye bye Lester.

Looking without success for a dongle type that takes AAA rechargeables.

User Info Menu

You have to download and install the "updater", which updates everything, then the firmware for the specific device you have. I am not a fan of Line6's software. It's stuck in the 1990s.

User Info Menu

Since the old firmware overcharged the battery up till now and I no longer trust it I scrapped it. Ordered the Boss WL 20. Found a slight, 184, sale. Should be here Saturday. Hope to get two years. These are now consumables, not investments.