The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 143

User Info Menu

If you buy from proaudioland use SAVE10AFT14 in the coupon code box. It worked for me....$359.10 at checkout. I don't know how long it will last.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is anyone here on the forum already using the mini reverb? If yes I m really interested in their opinions.
    Does it come close to the sound and "feeling" of a blackface model for instance a Princeton?
    Can I get a loud clean blackface sound?

I love my Princeton reverb but for fingerstyle jazz in bars and open air I miss volume and I dont want to have a bigger and heavier tube Amp.
    I would use the mini reverb with an 10 inch Jensen Tornado speaker in a smal open back cabinet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fabiansey
    Is anyone here on the forum already using the mini reverb? If yes I m really interested in their opinions.
    Does it come close to the sound and "feeling" of a blackface model for instance a Princeton?
    Can I get a loud clean blackface sound?

I love my Princeton reverb but for fingerstyle jazz in bars and open air I miss volume and I dont want to have a bigger and heavier tube Amp.
    I would use the mini reverb with an 10 inch Jensen Tornado speaker in a smal open back cabinet.
    Bruce Forman digs it ....
    Last edited by pingu; 05-12-2017 at 06:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I am fortunate to have ordered the Quilter 101 mini reverb (with a 10% discount as Eric mentions from Proaudioland)) along with a Fender George Benson 1x12 Hot Rod Deluxe extension cab (Jensen C12K) today. This setup will supplement my GB Hot Rod Deluxe amp, and I'll certainly compare amp setups for both my Gibson ES175 and Baja Telecaster.

If interested, I'll post video and/or audio clips here.......
    Last edited by boatheelmusic; 05-12-2017 at 09:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boatheelmusic
    If interested, I'll post video and/or audio clips here.......
    Please do bhm......

User Info Menu

Please do-very interested. I m also thinkink about getting a 12 Inch speaker later so my setup would be more flexible.
    I m very interested in the mid knob-it is supposed the change the overall voicing.how is the sound with the mid knob turned town ?

User Info Menu

Would you rather have me record both the GB HRD and the Quilter 101 reverb through the same speaker or each with it's "dedicated" speaker?

Remember the GB HRD is open back and the Quilter is planned to run through the closed back GB HRD extension cab. Both have the Jensen C12K.

Or I can run the HRD through the closed back cab or vice versa.

I got the GB closed back extension cab since it can be used this way, or a nice paired extension to the GB HRD. Lots of flexibility!

What's the most useful?

User Info Menu

Thank you for asking- since I would use the Quilter with an open cab, I would prefer the open cabinet version but I would be happy with the closed one too-thank you very much for the work!!!
    Apart from the sound- how is the "feeling" and will it get loud with a clean tone (really clean, no grit)

User Info Menu

Hi! Early in the year I made the first announcement on TOOB, an ultra-light guitar speaker cab weighing 9 lb (open-back) and 10 lb (ported), loaded with a 12" Jensen Jet Tornado. The latter has more bottom end for the rock'n'roll crowd. Any of the present micro-amps will dock comfortably using the velcro-type strips provided.

There's now two videos on YouTube, and TOOB the ultra-light guitar speaker cabinet is on Facebook as of a few days ago. A website is still in under construction, but we're eager to trade. The street prices are EUR 329 for open-back and EUR 369 for the ported version. A small first batch is up for grabs.

I'm happy to offer these unique products to the members of jazzguitar.be at USD 310 + freight (open) and USD 350 + freight (ported). No clue about shipping cost, as not one has been sold outside Finland yet.

BR, Gitterbug
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 05-14-2017 at 05:12 PM. Reason: better styling

User Info Menu

This might be a stupid question, but I have a Raezer's Edge Twin 8 Tower with the 2 8-ohm speakers wired separately to each input. Can I use both outputs from the 101 to send two signals, 8 ohms each?

User Info Menu

If it has two speaker out jacks, and you have two speaker cables, you can certainly do that.

User Info Menu

Yes it does. Thanks. I could not quite tell from Quilter's picture of the back of the amp what the impedance was for the jacks. Two speaker cables, one for each cable it is.

User Info Menu

Well, I bought the amp from Pro Audio Land and it arrived in less than a day. Great job!

I am mighty impressed with this amp. I plugged each speaker out into the each jack of my Raezer's Edge Twin 8 Tower (As stated above, the speakers are wired separately). It took no time whatsoever to dial up a great sound with my ES-175 with P-90s.

I'm well familiar with the bright cap on a Fender Deluxe and didn't feel that at all. Perhaps I hear things differently, but I got more Intercontinental than Joy Spring. I didn't spend any time with overdrive sounds because I spend little time with overdrive sounds. However, it was easy to dial up enough grit that it warms up the tone when you dig in. The reverb simply works for me.

What impressed me most was the attack. To me, most solid state amps have at least a bit of a plastic attack. This, though, had the attack of the string. A very real sound. I'm so happy with it that I mustered up the energy to move my old Twin Reverb into the garage. Not a replacement, but great enough to be my main player for the foreseeable future. Also, I can actually take this rig with me. Very pleased!

User Info Menu

Thank you for your impression.
    I think I will order one too- seems to be the most tube like solid state amp on the market at the moment.

User Info Menu

A good move - I haven't yet had a chance to do clips, but I can tell you this amp sounds great with both my Tele and ES175!

I'm keeping mine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petermelton
    Different amps. I can't say much about the amp Gilad has, but I can say that the clean EQ structure on his prototype is the same as the 101 Reverb.
    He was playing through a Quilter tonight in a live Facebook video. Sounded great.

Quilter 101 Mini Reverb-screen-shot-2017-05-19-23-14-35-jpg

Quilter 101 Mini Reverb-screen-shot-2017-05-19-23-15-13-png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    He was playing through a Quilter tonight in a live Facebook video. Sounded great.

Quilter 101 Mini Reverb-screen-shot-2017-05-19-23-14-35-jpg

Quilter 101 Mini Reverb-screen-shot-2017-05-19-23-15-13-png

I spoke to GHex about that amp and it's a prototype not the standard model. The Quilter rep who was posting here for awhile confirmed it is something they are working on.

That amp was released today by Quilter its called the Overdrive 200.

Last edited by docbop; 05-20-2017 at 01:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    I spoke to GHex about that amp and it's a prototype not the standard model. The Quilter rep who was posting here for awhile confirmed it is something they are working on.

That amp was released today by Quilter its called the Overdrive 200.
    Correct. The only change between Gilad's prototype and the production model is the headphone jack. We surveyed the people in our Facebook Quilter Amps Users Group and updated it to a 1/4".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petermelton
    Correct. The only change between Gilad's prototype and the production model is the headphone jack. We surveyed the people in our Facebook Quilter Amps Users Group and updated it to a 1/4".
    I was hoping it would be the Mini 101 Reverb frontend with the higher power and DI backend.

BTW: Do you have a brother name David who used to play in a band called Brown Eye with the McGlynn brothers back in the 70's???

User Info Menu

Never ever thought I'd be looking at a solid state amp,but here I am.
    The Quilter 101 Reverb has my attention.
    I think paired up with a Mojotone Lite 1x12 cab,it could be a great lightweight home and grab n go rig.
    I'm 63 and while I could lug around a heavier tube amp,I've really lost the urge to do that.
    I look forward to hearing more on the 101 Reverb.
    I play a Telecaster and enjoyed the Tim Lerch video demo.
    Sounded great as did the reverb.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fabiansey
    Thank you for your impression.
    I think I will order one too- seems to be the most tube like solid state amp on the market at the moment.
    As a long time user of Pearce amps and a recent Quilter purchaser, currently using both, I can say that yes the Quilter is great, but not nearly as tubey and powerful as Pearce. But of course Pearce is (very sadly) long out of biz, and are also heavier.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    I was hoping it would be the Mini 101 Reverb frontend with the higher power and DI backend.

BTW: Do you have a brother name David who used to play in a band called Brown Eye with the McGlynn brothers back in the 70's???
    We have been asked for those features. If the 101 Reverb continues to do well we will probably get around to it or something that contains all of those things some day.
    I do not but I will have to look up that band now!

User Info Menu

I have two Quilter amps, and I am a huge fan of my Quilter amps. I was originally excited about the 101 Reverb until I learned the reverb sits in the circuit before the effects loop. I don't know why they did this; it makes very little sense.

1.) If you want to use the effects loop, then the reverb is useless as an end of chain effect.
    2.) If you want to use the reverb as an end of chain effect, then the loop is useless.

Putting the reverb after the loop renders both the loop and the reverb useful--for the vast majority of people who would buy this amp. I just don't get the decision making here, and for me this design (flaw) results in a hard pass on this amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guy8string
    Putting the reverb after the loop renders both the loop and the reverb useful--for the vast majority of people who would buy this amp. I just don't get the decision making here, and for me this design (flaw) results in a hard pass on this amp.
    I am interested in the 101 Reverb and for my application,having reverb pre loop doesn't kill the deal for me.
    I would run my delay into the front as I like it pre reverb.
    I would only use the gain for edge of breakup and my use of delay as a subtle enhancer would work fine.
    I have a Mesa Mark V and the reverb on that is also pre loop.
    Yes,it would be better post loop,but as I said it works for me.
    Now if I was a high gain player,I would really want the reverb post loop,so that I could run my delay after
    the gain.
    I'm not sure if a lot of players are going to run the 101 with the gain really high.
    It seems like more of a clean players amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guy8string
    I have two Quilter amps, and I am a huge fan of my Quilter amps. I was originally excited about the 101 Reverb until I learned the reverb sits in the circuit before the effects loop. I don't know why they did this; it makes very little sense.

1.) If you want to use the effects loop, then the reverb is useless as an end of chain effect.
    2.) If you want to use the reverb as an end of chain effect, then the loop is useless.

Where do you like your tremolo relative to reverb? Before or after? We are not tied to doing it one way or the other. We've just always done it that way and up until now no one has complained. It seems most people favor tremolo after reverb so that's why we did that.
    Last edited by petermelton; 06-22-2017 at 12:06 PM.