The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I received four of these this morning, expecting little. Surprisingly they are pretty well done, and at $4 each (shipped WITH battery) I now have one wherever I play.

Reverb tuner-reverb_tuner2-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have two of them. Great value!

User Info Menu

The one I got refuses to tune the second string on any of my guitars.

User Info Menu

Have you tried another battery, and or clamping it to a different location on the head? Also if you have Grovers, try this...

Loosen the string totally and screw the retaining nut down tight on the head.

I find my Grovers will come loose after a while and the head may not be making good enough contact with the tuner to vibrate the head enough.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I'll try that.

User Info Menu

I ordered one in November.
    It never arrived, so I sent a gentle 'reminder' to Reverb. They sent another.
    After two weeks of no tuner, I sent another reminder.

A week later I received the replacement...plus another one!
    After another week passed, I received the original 'lost' tuner, in a damaged package. Tuner was A-OK. But now I have 3 tuners!

I contacted Reverb asking how best to return the two extra tuners. They said keep them as a token of their good customer relations.

Now don't you wish that would happen with a guitar purchase?!

User Info Menu

Guitars usually cost more than $4. It costs more than $4 just to ship one, unless the shipment comes from China. So Reverb is saving money by calling it "good customer relations".

User Info Menu

Got a link?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

How do they stack up to Snark tuners?

User Info Menu

My Snark was no better, but somehow it self destructed lying is a bowl on a table. Maybe my little cat walked on it?

I A-B'd it with my $20 Crafter and it is equally accurate but seems to agree better with my ear on the octaves than the Crafter. I have not A-B'd it with other models.
    At $4.00 like it says on the Reverb site, "It's a no brainer" :-)

User Info Menu

I've had a couple of these for awhile now and have been very happy with their accuracy and overall quality relative to the Snark (Haha my Snark is also sitting somewhere busted in my music room!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Guitars usually cost more than $4. It costs more than $4 just to ship one, unless the shipment comes from China. So Reverb is saving money by calling it "good customer relations".

I think you meant to refer to 'tuners' and not 'guitars' in your reply.

Of course the cost to ship was too high to return. But I think we can agree that sending the extra tuner was excellent customer service. It is little gestures like that that keep customers coming back to a business again and again.

User Info Menu

I was referencing this:
    Now don't you wish that would happen with a guitar purchase?!

User Info Menu

D'oh, I read it as a 'reverb tuner' and not a tuner from Reverb.

Four candles? Nah, fork handles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    D'oh, I read it as a 'reverb tuner' and not a tuner from Reverb.

Four candles? Nah, fork handles.
    That reminds me of singing Christmas tunes as a kid... "One horse open sleigh" to me was "One whore soap and sleigh" :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Thanks, bud -- two on the way.

User Info Menu

I ordered two the day after this was posted. Arrived two days later! I'm no fan of clip-ons, but these work as well as the couple of Snarks I have (one of which broke rather quickly, without being used). I use one for a backup to my Peterson StroboFlip in my gig bag and other when I'm changing strings or adjusting a guitar.

I showed them to my bass player. He has had no luck getting his five string's B to work with a tuner, but mine did in the C mode, so he ordered two.

Thanks for the head's up. Now I can throw the broken Snark out.

Danny W

User Info Menu

Hmm, that's three of us with broken Snarks, competition is good. So far my Reverb BRAND tuners (not spring reverb guys) :-) work pretty well.

One did "go in the weeds" and wouldn't tune, I removed the battery, put it back in and it has not done it again.