The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 25 of 25

User Info Menu

Has anyone checked out the new ibanez AFC151?

ibanez AFC151-ibanez-afc151-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Whoa! That looks great! I hope it's not too affordable because then I might have to order one at work..!

User Info Menu

I have to admit that is kind of cool - probably a bit too vivid red for me though, and I've never been a huge fan of the finish applied over the binding. I wish they would do a blonde/natural finish version of that though. Although that might lead to further unnecessary guitar purchases on my part. The pickguard shape is very elegant, and the tailpiece is quite stylish also - are they made out of some kind of hard plastic I wonder?

User Info Menu

It's 830£ in the UK

User Info Menu

Vermillion. That reminds me of the most smoochable luscious lips.

Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    It's 830£ in the UK
    If it sounds and plays well, then that will probably find a few buyers I'd say. I wish the company well with it anyhow, and I'm glad they are prepared to try new things like this.

User Info Menu

Looks like a thick coat of apple candy to me, but maybe it's just the photograph.

User Info Menu

Any other colours available?

User Info Menu

Really cool look. Not sure why anybody puts a floater (let alone a non adjustable pole piece floater) on a laminate top, but very cool look. I especially love the fretboard inlays.

User Info Menu

I HATE a floater that comes with pots screwed into the top. Why not just put the pots on the guard?!? So I can take all of that cr@p off? Still, I do really like the look of that one, one of my favorite colors I may put that on my "look for a used one' list lol

I wonder if that is a pressed spruce top, do they even make spruce laminate tops? And it does look like it only comes in that one color, "Sunrise Red".

EDIT: Solid spruce top, just found this online, "The Ibanez AFC151-SRR in Sunrise Red is a semi acoustic guitar with a hollow body. It features a solid spruce top with flamed maple back and sides. Fitted from factory with Flatwound strings making it perfect for jazz. The Contemporary Series in new for 2017."

I am definitely going to be watching this one
    Last edited by jim777; 01-10-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update

User Info Menu

I see "plywood top" when following the link the OP provided
    Is there any solid plywood ?
    Should be patented ....

User Info Menu

Definitely says plywood on the link.

User Info Menu

It's pretty hard to argue with the aesthetics of this one. I guess it will come down to how it sounds plugged in.

I find the AF body comfortable to play in both size and thickness. Ibanez QC is among the best. The last thing i need is another guitar, but this beauty is mighty tempting. Mighty tempting indeed.

User Info Menu

The AFC151 only comes in red, but it looks like there are actually 3 'Contemporary' models, each in a different color.

User Info Menu

Is this one also a new model (I know there were two 'vintage' models already)?

Hollow Bodies Artcore Expressionist Vintage - AKJV90D | Ibanez guitars

User Info Menu

I want to see that flat black model in person, but it looks odd with a shiny pickguard and tailpiece.

User Info Menu

I am completely missing where it says "plywood" on the Ibanez webpage, I see :

body: Spruce top/Flamed Maple back & sides

On this website: Ibanez AFC151-SRR Sunrise Red Contemporary Archtop - Guitar.co.uk
    it says (as I stated above) "Part of the Contemporary range this hollow body guitar is fantastic value for money. The Ibanez AFC151 comes with a solid spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The body is finished in Sunrise Red. At this price level that is pretty exceptional. The spruce top gives it a richer acoustic sound and lovely, clear tones. An AFC 3 piece Mahogany and Maple set-in neck is set into the body. This comes with a bound ebony fretboard Mother of Pearl off-set inlays. The Ibanez AFC151 comes strung with Flatwound strings which are perfect for jazz. A single neck position Magic Touch-Mini pickup also features. It comes complete with its own hard case."

User Info Menu

This :
    ibanez AFC151-capture-png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    I am completely missing where it says "plywood" on the Ibanez webpage, I see :

body: Spruce top/Flamed Maple back & sides

On this website: Ibanez AFC151-SRR Sunrise Red Contemporary Archtop - Guitar.co.uk
    it says (as I stated above) "Part of the Contemporary range this hollow body guitar is fantastic value for money. The Ibanez AFC151 comes with a solid spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The body is finished in Sunrise Red. At this price level that is pretty exceptional. The spruce top gives it a richer acoustic sound and lovely, clear tones. An AFC 3 piece Mahogany and Maple set-in neck is set into the body. This comes with a bound ebony fretboard Mother of Pearl off-set inlays. The Ibanez AFC151 comes strung with Flatwound strings which are perfect for jazz. A single neck position Magic Touch-Mini pickup also features. It comes complete with its own hard case."
    ibanez AFC151-screen-shot-2017-01-10-21-31-05-png

User Info Menu

Sorry David, I'm first in !

User Info Menu

ninja'd! Well, one of them is wrong, I guess it will be wait and see.

User Info Menu

Then there is this GB40? badly demonstrated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Then there is this GB40? badly demonstrated.
    Yeah - nothing gives you more confidence when watching an archtop demonstration than a guy with black fingernail polish.

User Info Menu

Red and red are not always the same:ibanez AFC151-gb-ag11-19-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    ninja'd! Well, one of them is wrong, I guess it will be wait and see.
    I'm thinking the part that says "Spruce" is correct, and the part that says "plywood" is what popped out of the Japanese to English translator from marketing copy or something.