Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I personally cut but...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    I prefer tuners with a hole into the axis of the capstan to push the end of the (trimmed) string into, bend 90 degrees, then start winding. Nice clean look, stays well locked, stable tuning and no string end to poke your fingers or chew up the inside of the gig bag. My Tele and GB10 have these. Works fine with round core strings.
    It's a good system. I've only seen it on my Strat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I love the locking tuners on my ASAT. I don't have the Planet Waves model, but those automatically snip your string as you lock in the string. Genius!

(video snipped)

As for people who don't trim their strings, I bet your toenails need trimming, too!
    Love Sperzels (put 'em on my strat) but those auto-trim Planet Waves look cool - will consider them for my next upgrade!

Locking tuners save a LOT of time changing strings. More companies should offer them as a standard feature.

(BTW, some folks tout locking tuners as offering more tuning stability, but that doesn't make any sense to me assuming that a "normal" over & under with a few wraps is done with regular tuners).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    It's a good system. I've only seen it on my Strat.

I've got them on my Tele. I'd thought they were fairly common but maybe not. It's the first I've had them. I like them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zdub
    Love Sperzels (put 'em on my strat) but those auto-trim Planet Waves look cool - will consider them for my next upgrade!

Locking tuners save a LOT of time changing strings. More companies should offer them as a standard feature.

(BTW, some folks tout locking tuners as offering more tuning stability, but that doesn't make any sense to me assuming that a "normal" over & under with a few wraps is done with regular tuners).
    I love locking tuners for their ease, some of them break the high E string or cause slips so I use this method: first over and under like with regular tuners then tighten the lock not hard enough to break it.

User Info Menu

"Ever since that guitar string incident, I don't go to 3-D movies much anymore...."

User Info Menu

I remember when John Lennon had his guitar strings all wound up on the head stock his flattop Gibson and every one suddenly had their strings all wound up in the head stock. When asked why he did that, turned out he had just restrung the guitar and had no to way to cut off the excess string.

Cutting off excess string at the headstock...-n21s3pic6-jpg