The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 83 of 83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510
    That's what I read somewhere.. does it mean solid & pressed (vs carved), or pressed laminate?
    Really wondering..
    the angles of the curves on the top seem to have been by pressing the top.. I can't imagine another way to make that kind of build..
    but solid pressed or laminate?
    Congrats on your new guitar
    That's what I was after when I got my
    Korean version af120 yonks ago
    (I liked the af120 so I didn't upgrade to
    the af200)

Af200 and af120 are both very similar specs
    Both are laminate spruce tops I believe ...

Nice neck innit !
    The Jp20 neck is gorge too

I put in switch craft jacksocket and switch on mine
    But your Japanese is probably fine

PS yes they are a bit bright /lively , feedback wise ... I half stuffed the box with foam , very happy now

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My AF200 was made by Fujigen Gakki in Japan it has a solid pressed spruce top it was number 71 out of the factory, I tried to get them to make a 1 pickup model but they no longer operated a custom line. I don't find the the sound at all bright or shrill, unlike a certain person in the forums I find the sound smooth and defined without the muddy bass of a Gibson 57.
    Ibanez AF200 Prestige-af200-jpg

User Info Menu

Does that Guitar have EVO Gold Frets or just the Photos making them look that way ?

User Info Menu

Nicely done, Arnie65.

How do you like the neck? Some Artstar models had slightly thinner neck profiles compared to earlier Artist models. I noticed a dramatic difference between my Artstar AS200 neck and previous 'Artist' AS200. In all other ways, they were very close. Sweet guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Nicely done, Arnie65.

How do you like the neck? Some Artstar models had slightly thinner neck profiles compared to earlier Artist models. I noticed a dramatic difference between my Artstar AS200 neck and previous 'Artist' AS200. In all other ways, they were very close. Sweet guitars.

It is a bit thinner but not by much, I'm used to 175's and the difference is not big. But the tone, it's a big difference, I wouldn't trade this for a 175...

Cheers,
    Arnie..

User Info Menu

Sorry to dig up this is a dormant thread. But if owners of the AF200 are still in possession of it, I'd be curious to know more about the neck profile and feel? Is it Telecaster slim, or meatier than that? I've been considering a purchase of one of these but can't find any in stock in my area.

User Info Menu

Hi,
    The neck dimensions are identical to the more common Ibanez Pat Metheney PM2:

• Scale :
      • 628mm/24.7"

• a : Width
      • 43mm at NUT

• b : Width
      • 58mm at 20F

• c : Thickness
      • 20mm at 1F

• d : Thickness
      • 22mm at 9F

• Radius :
      • 305mmR

User Info Menu

Thank you. That looks like a very slim neck indeed, about as slim or even more so than my Tele, unfortunately. I’ve been looking for a current production guitar at this build, spec, and price level with a Gibson style neck, and have been having a surprisingly hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Hi,
    The neck dimensions are identical to the more common Ibanez Pat Metheney PM2:

• Scale :
      • 628mm/24.7"

• a : Width
      • 43mm at NUT

• b : Width
      • 58mm at 20F

• c : Thickness
      • 20mm at 1F

• d : Thickness
      • 22mm at 9F

• Radius :
      • 305mmR