The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

View Poll Results: How many gits do you own?

Voters
416. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Real players only need one

17 4.09%
  • 2-5 I One home, a couple for giggin, y'know

157 37.74%
  • 6-20 Did wifey see the last new one?

204 49.04%
  • 21-50 I think I need an intervention

28 6.73%
  • 50+ Crap, I need a bigger house.

10 2.40%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 191 of 191

User Info Menu

Well ... they ARE addicting.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

PRS P90's were made in collaboration with Seymour Duncan and are close to his Antiquities. They are quieter in ambient noise than the Gibson, tone wise very similar. I put Lollars in an '66 SG I'm redoing for my son , Jason makes great pickups too.

The Lollars are in between the Duncans and Gibby's.

Eventually this one will go to my daughter , she gets all my blue shade guitars

The Knaggs is by far the sweetest instrument I've ever played , the satin finish is amazing , the neck carve perfect.
    The tonal range on this instrument is quite amazing , sparkling cleans to warm muted richness . Joe still works on the instruments, and they still hand carve . He left PRS because he wanted to keep the handwork in the process, BRAVO!How Many Guitars Do You Own?-winter-solstice-chena-jpg

I'm looking at the Chena model now which is the semi hollow version .
    Last edited by Greywolf; 10-16-2023 at 05:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Got a '74 175 (my wife bought me for my birthday) in '76. only guitar I owned till I retired 3 yrs ago. Now I added 4 carved archtops which I had lusted for, but the 175 is still my trusty companion and stays within reaching distance.

User Info Menu

No more than yesterday.

N + 1 - 1 = N

User Info Menu

I have a few. For years I survived and gigged with a tele, a 355 - sold for half the list price by a Gibson rep - and a classical acoustic. Then I came across an 1982 E series strat for small money and 2 more for even less. I was bitten by the jazz bug and bought a Tokai 175 and then a few handmade Hofners, which are beautiful instruments. I even flew to Copenhagen to pick up a Hofner Zoller A2L. (I bought a seat for it on the way back for 4 euro!) I have Larry Coryell Cort bought from an amazing player and a few others.

Who is going to know what to do with these if anything happens to me? I think I'll have to start releasing them back into the wild...

User Info Menu

I have nine, not counting my four electric basses. Aside from a trio of Stratocasters (necessary to have stage spares back in the day), they all do different things.

I’ve thinned the herd a bit over the past couple years. One Strat gone, an Ibanez Artist (great guitar except for the neck dive) solidbody, one Robelli jazzbox, two acoustics all gone over the past couple years. I’ll likely divest myself of another of the Strats in the next few months.

User Info Menu

I'm always a fan of soapbars , and when I saw this I had to say yes , a thin but deep neck carve makes it very easy to play ( same as the DGT) a 2008 Custom 22 Soapbar trem. My bluegrass playing , acoustic only friend who is 72 played it at the gig last night , and for the first time ever he wanted to take it home ..

The pickup selection is atypical for this type ... Neck / Neck+Mid/ Neck + Bridge/ Mid + Bridge / Bridge

a flamed mahogany neck is a nice plus and helps to warm things up a;ong with the rosewood board. How Many Guitars Do You Own?-38-special-jpg

I don't use the trem bar , just an occasional palm bend

User Info Menu

I too, have only one.

Tom

User Info Menu

I only need one, but I have twelve.

User Info Menu

"I got one and you want four..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    How Many Guitars Do You Own?-winter-solstice-chena-jpg

I'm looking at the Chena model now which is the semi hollow version .
    Cool guitar. I've been having a blast with this remarkably nice guitar:
    Attached Images Attached Images How Many Guitars Do You Own?-0-77albatross-12032_6931-jpg 

User Info Menu

I have only one.

User Info Menu

Just bought another(2) Epiphone inspired by Gibson 335. Have 6 all together now and 2 basses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    I'm always a fan of soapbars , and when I saw this I had to say yes , a thin but deep neck carve makes it very easy to play ( same as the DGT) a 2008 Custom 22 Soapbar trem. My bluegrass playing , acoustic only friend who is 72 played it at the gig last night , and for the first time ever he wanted to take it home ..

The pickup selection is atypical for this type ... Neck / Neck+Mid/ Neck + Bridge/ Mid + Bridge / Bridge

a flamed mahogany neck is a nice plus and helps to warm things up a;ong with the rosewood board. How Many Guitars Do You Own?-38-special-jpg

I don't use the trem bar , just an occasional palm bend
    Not in the same league but I have this. Probably not true P90s as they are stacked but switchable to s/c. Sounds great.How Many Guitars Do You Own?-20200421_202210-jpg

User Info Menu

As long as they make you smile , I've always thought it was silly to be hung up on brand.

While I have a large collection of exquisite instruments, and have been a Luthier for 40 years , it isn't always the masterpieces that are the most fun to play . If you find any instrument that feels right , stays in tune and puts a smile on your face .. you have a keeper.

User Info Menu

When it's time for the softer side , I play this gem . A special from the PRS custom shop made by Stephen Fisher for Country Legend Ricky Skaggs. It 's ALL Pernambuco , with bone nut and saddle, Waverly tuners . A 1 of 1 .

How Many Guitars Do You Own?-20231213-solo-jpg