Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 69

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Caravelle
    That's gorgeous.
    What model is that?
    Hi,Captain Caravelle,

This is Lora. It is custom guitar, and still no model number for it. Most of time, we make the guitar following customers' requests.

Best wishes.

Yours
    Lora

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yolandateam
    Hi,Captain Caravelle,

This is Lora. It is custom guitar, and still no model number for it. Most of time, we make the guitar following customers' requests.

Best wishes.

Yours
    Lora

It's absolutely gorgeous.
    So are the others. You folks do beautiful work.

User Info Menu

That's gorgeous.
    What model is that?
    A custom conglomeration of sorts

here's the original build thread

https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guita...top-build.html

User Info Menu

It's absolutely gorgeous.
    So are the others. You folks do beautiful work.
    Thanks for liking it.

Lora

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    Mr. Wu knows how to pick figured wood.
    Indeed....
    I've just been drooling over the website.

User Info Menu

Jumping in the deep end of the guitar gene pool with the mysterious Mr Wu.

I couldn't take it anymore, looking at 2b's guitar. So, I Emailed Lora to start on something that is built like
    like a DA 17" or 18", with a neck like an L-5, snd that plays "like a piano".

Other than that, I Can't say, since I'm a recovering guitar player and can't get too deeply into this-- would drown in details.

Sigh...
    It's Maui, after all!

User Info Menu

Where are my doggone manners !?!?!?!:?!?
    To those of you who have not met her yet, the lovely and ever so detail oriented Ms. Lora

Who is Mr. Wu?-img_3739-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ

Where are my doggone manners !?!?!?!:?!?
    To those of you who have not met her yet, the lovely and ever so detail oriented Ms. Lora

Who is Mr. Wu?-img_3739-2-jpg
    Hello Ms. Lora!

User Info Menu

Hello Ms. Lora!
    Hello, Captain Caravelle.

User Info Menu

Could anyone post a soundexample or link me to one?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Hey everyone- I am currently in contact about having a Wu guitar built- I was originally just thinking about keeping it acoustic with no electronics, but if I want to put my own pickup in it one day what do you guys think is the best route- to have it built with the electronics and replace them, or keep it acoustic and have the tech add them (maybe a benedetto or armstrong pickup) maybe when I bring it in to get setup and everything. Do all pickups require drilling into the soundboard? will it save some money with the tech if things like the plug jack are built already and all that? Thanks a lot guys. regardless I think I have something really unique in the works I look forward to sharing.

User Info Menu

For floating pickups, no soundboard drilling required. Many of us have forgone the electronics in these guitars until they've arrived on this side of the pond. There's nothing saying you have to. We choose to because we know we're upgrading the electronics once the guitar arrives, so why bother with an inferior pup, and or wiring. If you're desiring a humbucker installed, then you'll want to make a decision before ordering what style archtop you want. Personally, I'd not consider paying a luthier to cut into any acoustic to install a humbucker.

I didn't have electronics installed in mine, but since I knew I'd be installing a floater I did have an endpin jack installed.

Good luck with your build...can't wait to see it, sounds interesting

User Info Menu

Thank you for the quick reply. I will stick with my plan then to keep it acoustic because if I do have electronics installed I was only considering a floating pickup. Maybe I will ask to have the endpin jack installed then- I wasn't sure if thats the kind of thing that whoever installs the pickup would prefer to do specifically with it. No wiring came from the endpin you ordered? Is it simply the hole drilled with the jack in it? Sorry I am not very knowledgable about electronics. I have played my one gibson most of my life pretty much exclusively. I was also considering just natural or some sort of brown stain finish, but your burst pictures and others are inspiring me to choose a more unique finish.Thank you.

User Info Menu

Pc1283

Good luck, you'll do just fine. Working with Ms. Lora as your contact is a real breeze. She's the best !!

Big

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pc1283
    No wiring came from the endpin you ordered? Is it simply the hole drilled with the jack in it?
    Correct. Burst it up!

If you do decide to go for a natural consider upgrading the woods...Mr Wu will provide you with wood upgrade options

User Info Menu

Love all the tips though- I think I need to hammer down whether or not I plan to make it electric eventually. I was thinking about a smaller 15" body with an abnormally large depth, (90 or 95mm) however that will probably not be good in terms of feedback if I chose to go electric eventually. Although I know tone is about much more than depth, I thought it would help the acoustic sound and volume especially being its a 7 string I am planning. Maybe I will switch to a 16 and narrow the width. So many options!

User Info Menu

Good lord, those are some beautiful guits.

When I do get to buying my hollow archie, I think I know where I'll be going.

User Info Menu

Hello guys,

Mr. Wu's guitars look absolutely gorgeous. I've seen that quite a few of the members here have at least one guitar from him, i.e. BigMike, Spook410 and others.

I would very much like to hear some of these guitars played acoustically and plugged in.

So, anyone can make a demo?

Thanks a lot!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murian
    Hello guys,

Mr. Wu's guitars look absolutely gorgeous. I've seen that quite a few of the members here have at least one guitar from him, i.e. BigMike, Spook410 and others.

I would very much like to hear some of these guitars played acoustically and plugged in, but I can't find any videos except this which is not the best.

So, anyone can make a demo?

Thanks a lot!
    Okay, that recording was nearly criminal!

Mr. Wu worked with Eastman and Yunzhi too. He left Yunzhi and began building under his own name. I believe you'll be hard pressed to distinguish differences between a Wu guitar and a Yunzhi, for both are more similar than not in build quality and playability.

That said, each time you search for "yunzhi guitar" on youtube think Mr Wu...essentially the same guitar.

Also do a youtube search for Matt Raines guitar. Being a long time distributor of Yunzhi guitars, displaying his own name on their headstock, Matt Raines has several videos; And Matt has sold as many Yunzhi's in the US than anyone else I know of.

Anyway, here's a pair of Yunzhi/Wu's acoustically with a very decent recording, and another electrified. Rodrigues and Souza must have 20 or more videos on youtube featuring their Yunzhi's. Good luck!

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 09-15-2016 at 11:22 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot for your reply 2bornot2bop.

User Info Menu

In the hands of Rodrigues and Souza they sound like Benedettos on a budget

Very nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    In the hands of Rodrigues and Souza they sound like Benedettos on a budget

Very nice
    Proof that in the hands of a capable player the issue is rarely the guitar?

User Info Menu

​Remember that those guys all started at Eastman in one capacity or another before moving on. And Eastman TRIED to get Benedetto to partner up with them, he said get my dvd. Hell they did. My early Eastman 810 prototype is about as close to a budget Benedetto as you can get. BOB !! This is probably one of my all time scores buying... And you had it on eBay for HOW LONG ??? Sometimes fellas it pays to take a chance on an unknown filly

Who is Mr. Wu?-pb260026-jpg

User Info Menu

Isn't Mr. Wu George Formby's shirt guy?

User Info Menu

@telboli

Only until he started window-cleaning.......