The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

The original Lunchbox is much louder, and yes, can drive a external speaker cab.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

i mean junior doesn't have 55 size external output for cabinet/line so the question is does 35 size headphone out works just as same as 55 size ext output on original lunchbox ?

User Info Menu

No, a headphone jack cannot double as a external speaker output.

User Info Menu

I think I'll go with the Jr model. it has no cabinet output and reverb though... it's really hard to find used ones on the market. XP

User Info Menu

Just to add my 2 cents.

I had the original Lunchbox amp and found it useless. I could not get a sound I liked. I'm aware that others have a better impression of it.

They advertised it at 200 watts, but that was peak power. RMS is much lower. I thought it sounded even worse when turned up loud. Also, it needs to be on the floor to have any bass response at all. Very screechy on a shelf. That can make things difficult in the back of a stage, with the speaker pointed at people's ankles. I got more useful volume out of a 12 watt Crate practice amp, but head height.

It's small and light -- but, for example, the DV Mark Little Jazz is only 15 lbs (the LB is around 10 iirc) and the LJ sounds dramatically better. The LJ is roughly a 10 inch cube. Bigger than the LB, but not by that much. Prices are similar.

I ended up annoyed with myself that I fell for the hype. But, OTOH, some people like it. I'd strongly suggest getting a return privilege if you buy one.