The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

What color finish did you go with? Post a pic if you do that kind of thing. I've got the Jim Hall model...but I still jones for a Semi-Hollow.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbucklin
    Maybe you could call Sadowsky and inquire about having a bridge pup added to the SS-15? They'll probably answer in the negative, but what have you got to lose?
    Here's a 2-pickup Bruno, so maybe they would.

2011 Sadowsky Jimmy Bruno Archtop
    Sadowsky Semi Hollow vs SS 15?-sadowsky-jimmy-bruno-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    What color finish did you go with? Post a pic if you do that kind of thing. I've got the Jim Hall model...but I still jones for a Semi-Hollow.
    I went for the violin burst -- actually, that's all they had in stock, but it happens to be my favorite.

I'll post a pic later.

The Semi Hollow is worth jonesing for.

Quote Originally Posted by tlathrop
    I went for the violin burst -- actually, that's all they had in stock, but it happens to be my favorite.

I'll post a pic later.

The Semi Hollow is worth jonesing for.

Okay, here's a pic (sent to me by the Sadowsky shop):

Sadowsky Semi Hollow vs SS 15?-violin-b-sh-jpg

User Info Menu

I’m a Baritone Uke player and hooked!!!!

I don’t deserve to be on this forum; however, I know soon enough I’ll be transitioning up to a guitar!

I appreciate the Jazzy, warmth, style of Uncle Kimo Hussey’s Baritone Uke playing; with Bossa Nova melodies always somehow in most of the sounds he plays. He’s a good man; humble, a retired USAF Lt. Col., and dedicated. I liken him to Tim Lerch in many ways; thoughtful, kind, reasonable, and they mostly speak through their playing; which is clearly inspired from their souls.

So, in my mind… I jam on my Uke with some thoughts of Uncle Kimo; with respect to him, his past, and his culture; floating around in my mind. Then, new thoughts of Tim Lerch also mixed in (with the hopes to practice and learn more and meld the two). All the while, my own musical influences driving my strumming, at times: Roger Waters, Ozzy, The Clash, and the Drop Kick Murphy’s… all with hopeful splashes of Chopin driven back tones…. ?

Yes, I jam on a Baritone Uke, but can follow along with Tim’s lessons - most of the time.

I imagine a Sadowsky Semi-Hollow body being something fun and amazing to hear through a Henriksen Amp; especially played in the style of Tim Lerch and Uncle Kimo Hussey - Jazz/Blues or Blues-Jazz

I am lucky that I live in NYC. Over the next few months I think I will stop in and maybe play a Sadowsky Semi-Hollow, but I am concerned that:

First, I don’t play guitar…. Yet! ?

Next, will it have the natural melodic--warmth that I seek above all else….

Moreover, do I stick with the Baritone Uke and maybe purchase a Devine Ukulele instead; a ukulele that has melodic-warmth… Baritone Ukes are DGBE. So, the worlds are not far apart at all, and most Ukes do well with Jazz. So, that’s what brought me to here (hear - pun intended). With all that verbose silliness shared: wondering if your semi-hollow body Sadowsky has taught you a lot about her tone, and if so… care to share?

Best and Warm regards - J