The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

I'm with the posters who favour a tube OD. The Blackstar HT dual has superb sounds, 2 channels, and............and..............would you believe it.......I've got one for sale!

I liked it so much I brought the HT-5 combo, which has the same circuitry on the OD channel (more or less).

In case you're interested it's for sale at Readers Ads - Guitar: Effects | Pedals

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

how much did you pay? was it at a discounted price?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzarian
    Tubes is where tasteful distortion lies. Modelers can be fun however. I have a POD X3 Live, J-Station in addition to my tube preamp.
    the dano pedal and teh digitech are both analogue, not modelers. as for the tube thing, hype IMO. starved plate stuff is basically just there for looks and you can get a better sound out of a non tube pedal. but then everyone's ears are different!

here are some demos i did of the dano;

User Info Menu

dunno bout the scofield part, but the Boss Blues Driver is pretty sweet! I have a Cube 60 as well, and the distortion on it is rather crappy. The blues driver is pretty sweet, and can be driven pretty hard, or give a light blues edge, which is great.

marshall bluesbreaker II pedal I REALLY LIKE IT ON MY JC 120

User Info Menu

The drive/distortion pedal from Visual Sound is also very good.