The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Strat and 12" strings gauge.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Kris. I'm not sure how I missed this thread but I'm sure glad I found it. I've only listened to the first two clips so far and I'm certainly going to listen to all the rest.

The playing is wonderful as always. I don't really have a preference between the two guitars but I am surprised how different the sounds are. I wonder it that's because of the basic sounds of instruments or because you've been inspired to treat them differently. The sound from the Tele was thick and dark. The sound from the Strat was bright and chimey. I'm probably a lot more open to your Strat sound than most of the folks here but that Tele sound was closer to what I expect from you. But mostly, as always, it was great to hear you play.

EDIT: OK, now I've listened to all of them and at least to me I feel like your playing with the Tele sounds more confident. I wonder if that's just because you've spent a lot more time playing with a Tele and are more comfortable with it as a result?
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 02-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Hi Kris. I'm not sure how I missed this thread but I'm sure glad I found it. I've only listened to the first two clips so far and I'm certainly going to listen to all the rest.

The playing is wonderful as always. I don't really have a preference between the two guitars but I am surprised how different the sounds are. I wonder it that's because of the basic sounds of instruments or because you've been inspired to treat them differently. The sound from the Tele was thick and dark. The sound from the Strat was bright and chimey. I'm probably a lot more open to your Strat sound than most of the folks here but that Tele sound was closer to what I expect from you. But mostly, as always, it was great to hear you play.

EDIT: OK, now I've listened to all of them and at least to me I feel like your playing with the Tele sounds more confident. I wonder if that's just because you've spent a lot more time playing with a Tele and are more comfortable with it as a result?
    Thanks Jim.
    It is a very interesting expierience for me to play Strat.
    It is something new for me.
    I think I have to do some mods with my Strat in the future.
    I think saddles ,pickups , pots,caps...etc.It is possible to create on it my personal sound.
    My Strat has big acoustic potencial/hollow-body/ when I play unpluged.
    I like to play on it at low volume amp.It has great body- strings respone.I think better than my Tele.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

My last take on Strat.I think the best sounding.