The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

I've always had good experiences with them. They call maybe less than a handful of times a year if you're a regular customer but are very professional and are just willing to work with you and guide you if you have any gear needs at the moment or any questions. If I'm all good it's a very short phone call and it tapers off if you don't buy anything and I'm sure you can ask them not to call and they'd stop. They are super professional, very friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely doing it right. I buy what I can from them, they've price matched are not interested in a hard sell and I look them up when I can.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have purchased much more over the years from Musician's Friend. I have bought a couple of guitars on sale at great prices and had to return a case once because I ordered the wrong size. They could not have been better about the return.

I like them both! I think Sweetwater has a better website.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz.fred
    I must admit that I've never bought from Sweetwater. I have been doing business with Musicians Friend for many years. I have nothing but good experiences. Their prices are very fair (15% most holidays and 20% at Christmas). In addition their Customer Service department has never failed to resolve any problem I've had in a timely and courteous manner. Plus, they stock just about every product under the sun.

I don't feel the need to do business anywhere else.
    Last edited by Slide; 01-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for your great response. Looks like I may being doing some business with them. Got an extreme case of GAS. Thanks again.
    Gitrman.

User Info Menu

From personal experience over many years, I love dealing with them, ask for Mark Bruhn.

Thought this was a nice touch. They sent about 6 photos of a guitar I ordered, the day it shipped, to share with friends etc. (The photos on the site aren't stock. They're specific instruments.) I don't know. Maybe they do this everywhere now. I thought it was pretty cool for an inexpensive instrument.Sweetwater-ics15257136-angle-large-jpg

User Info Menu

I've never bought from MF.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Sweetwater (and MF and other big-box online shops) tend to sell everything at MAP. The so-called 15% discount that they offer on merchandise on holidays is the any day street price at some dealers. Sweetwater provides very good service but the prices are a Manufacturer's Minimum Advertised Price.
    very true..but ..why you always have to call!!..they can only advertise a certain price but can negotiate if you call..

cheers

User Info Menu

whoa easy...forgot that talking 2 minutes to a real human is now considered work

sorry

cheers

User Info Menu

and if i emailed " your" dealer from out of nowhere i'd get same...my sweetwater rep knows me like you know your guys..i call and my info's on his screen

take it or not..but maybe others reading will benefit

its a big world

cheers

ps- i only call!..born ny'er..not afraid to haggle..hah

sounds more like your the one who never called!
    Last edited by neatomic; 01-29-2016 at 01:16 AM. Reason: ps-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky

PS I have a Sweetwater profile too. Big whoopee do.
    you'll never get the good discount now!!! haha

"no soup for you"

cheers pal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    They do a lot of things that no one else seems to care about, like weigh each guitar. That means a lot to me. They also do some really informative gear demos, probably the best I've ever seen. My experiences with them have been universally excellent.

I really appreciate threads like these. Living in a small town, with limited brands on-hand to try, in much of my online, youtube, etc. research I seem to find my way to companies such a Sweetwater because they have so many visible demos.

Good to read so many positive responses.

User Info Menu

Good

User Info Menu

I prefer to buy from my local independent music store, but when I do have to buy online I will only go through Sweetwater. Their customer service is above and beyond anyone else out there. My sales guy is Matt Kreager, great guy, and good to deal with.

User Info Menu

I've been doing business for over 7 years with Sweetwater and have had the same sales rep, Chris Leonard.
    I'm 100% satisfied with their service. I had a small problem with my last guitar purchase and it was resolved over the phone and in minutes, no hassle. I like the photo gallery of the available guitars, it helps to see what you're gonna get.
    I only get 1 or 2 emails per year from Chris and they're very cordial and friendly, no sales/hype b.s.
    Oh yeah, I always get a nice assortment of candy, no matter how much I spend! Unfortunately, I'm a diabetic!Sweetwater
    Last edited by gspirro1; 01-29-2016 at 11:14 AM.