The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 59

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

50 watts isn't much when solid state.

I use my old Little Mark II bass head for guitar and it sound good.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Kris nice video but it seems more about marketing as opposed to how it sounds in person live?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Kris nice video but it seems more about marketing as opposed to how it sounds in person live?
    Says a lot about who they designed this amp for.

User Info Menu

As far as tiny heads go I think the Quilter 101 head looks better than this. 50 watts solid state might not be enough to cut it , especially if paired with a smaller speaker.

User Info Menu

I have recently aquired the Quilter 101 great amp and loud as heck even ib the 50 watt settings, but no on board reverb.

User Info Menu

The lack of an FX loop on the DV is a deal breaker for me - my next acquisition will be the Quilter 101.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    yes....
    I think it is a new product and we have to wait for jazz sound demo...:-)

User Info Menu

They are now endorsing, or does it go the other way, Rotem Sivan. Pretty sure I have seen some youtube clips of him using the micro.

My Princeton is too heavy think will get one of these or a Little Jazz.

User Info Menu

Well being in Europe I'm sure it's a great Bang for the $. I just bought Jim Soloway's Quilter 101 Mini head. Works great, wish it had reverb but not a deal breaker. I'm pretty sold on Quilter amps, and have been gigging w/ an Aviator 1x12" Combo for the last 2 years.

User Info Menu

DV (Mark Bass), please get rid of the FAN

User Info Menu

since quilter got brought up . . . has anybody seen this:

Quilter Amps

User Info Menu

hmm I see that Quilter sounds very good on you tube, not sure if any on the ground in Australia.

User Info Menu

I have the Micro 50 and it's a dream come true!

Hi guys, long time no post. Been happy with DV Mark's Little Jazz, in attendance of the Micro 50. But the latter exceeds my expectations, especially tone-wise. It has that warm, jazzy tone that many of us (still, I hope) appreciate. The clean channel responds beautifully to the 3-range eq. Importantly, enhancing the midrange does not make the tone overly nasal, and this is where overall volume largely resides. I tried the BluGuitar Amp 1 a few months ago, but could not find a decent jazz tone without killing the mids and losing volume at that. The Micro 50 is really loud for its wattage, the fan is not on all the time (so far it has never been), the reverb is ok when used in moderation and the dirty channel sounds fine to a non-addict.

My latest Neo 12" speaker unit weighs under 4 kg, so with this amp the entire rig tips the scales at some 5.5 kg. Yet, we are not speaking of a sporting good or an exotic race bike, but of a decent-sounding, gig-friendly outfit. I plan to post a demo video on YouTube as soon as I have some design details finalized and some intellectual property protection in place. This would be within the next few months. And fear not: the playing will be by a real musician, not yours truly.

As a footnote, Quilter may be a desirable option for Americans but, as far as I know, it's virtually non-existent in Europe. And I prefer the extra pound or two of versatility over fussing with a stomp box reverb with dead batteries.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 02-15-2016 at 06:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    As a footnote, Quilter may be a desirable option for Americans but, as far as I know, it's virtually non-existent in Europe.
    Not quite - there are currently two dealers in Europe, both happy to do mail order. I received my Quilter 101 this weekend from EuroAmps+ in Denmark (I'm in the UK). The transaction was not a problem, with good communication from the vendor.

I have just been putting it through its paces through a Cannabis Rex speaker. Both my Eastman archtop and Godin Montreal sound great, but as has previously pointed out the controls are not as simple as a standard B/M/T EQ. It may take me some time to dial in my preferred tones. The main advantage for me over the DV Micro 50, is the presence of an FX loop.

User Info Menu

First Micro 50 gig behind! A jam session at a restaurant, mostly comping up to three blowers and soloing on opportunity. The volume knob stood at apx. 2.5/11! All three eq's pointing up and a tad of reverb. Amp case lukewarm, the fan never ran. Amazement over the 3.8 kg, 12" speaker unit, which I carried to the stage with my little finger to prove the point. This could be the start of something beautiful.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 02-16-2016 at 07:03 PM.

User Info Menu

First Micro 50 gig behind! A jam session at a restaurant, mostly comping up to three blowers and soloing on opportunity. The volume knob stood at apx. 2.5/11! All three eq's pointing up and a tad of reverb. Amp case lukewarm, the fan never ran. Amazement over the 3.8 kg, 12" speaker unit, which I carried to the stage with my little finger to prove the point. This could be the start of something beautiful.
    good news...:-)

After waiting a couple months for delivery, the Micro 50 arrived today. I had been planning to buy either the DV Mark or the Quilter 101. Guitar center had an end of year sale on the DV Mark, so that made the decision right there. I've been lugging either a Roland JC-77 or a Deluxe type homemade amp to jams--both around 45 lbs--and have been wanting a lighter amp setup.

Here are some thoughts about the Micro 50. I tested it through an open back 1-12" cab with a Jensen speaker. There's a lot to like about the tone. It leans toward a darker tone, but I can hear individual characteristics from both my telecaster and 335. The digital reverb is probably only functional for me at 1 or 2/10. It gets drenched quickly. That's fine for my needs. I might be tricking myself, but It sounds like there's a touch of modulation on the reverb. It wasn't really noticeable at low settings.

The amp is very quiet, and the fan didn't turn on during my test. I sort of like the distortion channel, especially with the drive at a minimum--enough for a little hairiness. Beyond the minimum, it's not really my thing.

It's definitely a solid state amp. Quite clean, not too chimey, but I expect it will do really well for small gigs. The EQ is TMB and twiddling knobs gave noticeable changes.

I A/B'ed it with the JC. Completely different animals. Both nice. The JC has all the baseline hiss that many people know about. I prefer the real spring reverb on the JC. The Jazz Chorus is a considerably brighter amp, and really it's a better one I suppose, but also heavier. At some point, I would like to try the DV through a neodymium speaker to hear how brightness is affected.

I'm pleased with the DV so far! I can keep you posted how it holds up for a gig. First night, I think it's got a very nice sound that I'll enjoy working with. I say it's a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joelhas10fingers; 02-10-2017 at 11:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Love to hear it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I had one for about 1 week. I liked the tone but found it to be too noisy while at rest in my practice situation. Extremely annoying. It all ended with me returning the head and replacing it with a GK 200, which I have kept.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 0zoro
    I had one for about 1 week. I liked the tone but found it to be too noisy while at rest in my practice situation. Extremely annoying. It all ended with me returning the head and replacing it with a GK 200, which I have kept.
    Interesting
    Fan noise or Hiss ?

User Info Menu

Excellent news

Please tell us more about the 3.8 Kg 12" speaker .....
    The smallest DV 12" neo cab is 8.3 Kg .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    Interesting
    Fan noise or Hiss ?
    I can only think that his was one of the earlier models. My understanding is that they fixed the noise issues. My Jazz 50 head is drop dead quiet and the fan has never come on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    Excellent news

Please tell us more about the 3.8 Kg 12" speaker .....
    The smallest DV 12" neo cab is 8.3 Kg .....
    That’s probably because they make it of heavy MDF board. Use solid pine, much lighter! I have a solid state Session amp with a Jensen Neo 12-100 in a pine cab and the whole amp - including small reverb tray - is around 8.3 kg