The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 59 of 59

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    It is new one...I could not find in the shop.
    I found 4 different versions of this amp.

• M250 - base model
    • GH250 - greg how version
    • FG250 - gambale version
    • EG250 - Eric Gales

Couldn't find a table comparing them. The EG has a 6205 tube for that vintage micro-tube tone. However, the clips I heard sounded like a semi distorted amp and yet, it has no gain/master control so I'm not sure what govern's the overdrive...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jack,
    New FG250 - gambale version will be in Europe shops in the end of june 2019.
    We have to wait a little time.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Jack,
    New FG250 - gambale version will be in Europe shops in the end of june 2019.
    We have to wait a little time.
    Best
    Kris
    what about the other 3? lol. What's the difference?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    my buddy has been using the Emi GASC (40w) speaker on gigs
    Hi Jack, what is your take on that speaker from the point of view of jazz play? Warm, balanced, any sign of slight dist that I associate with tube amps while your friend is running a class D head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 0zoro
    Hi Jack, what is your take on that speaker from the point of view of jazz play? Warm, balanced, any sign of slight dist that I associate with tube amps while your friend is running a class D head.
    I think it's a great sounding speaker. I know several guys using it. Since I do use overdrive though, my concern is that it might not hold up at high volumes so I have not jumped on one....For jazz, it has that classic '60s guitar sound though. For both jazz and rock.

I still am really loving my Celestion creamback 75 but I have found that a single 12 with the creamback mushes out a bit at loud cleans with a loud drummer so I'm probably going to get an EV for those situations.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jack!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    what about the other 3? lol. What's the difference?
    I tried only one GH250 - greg how version...it was nice with 12" cabinet H&K...I do not know the difference betwen other 3...sorry

This is getting dated, since DV Mark has several newer models since the release of the Micro 50. In any case, here’s a recording of my bassist friend, Oren and me. I’m using the Micro 50 with a Mexican Telecaster with a Fender noiseless neck pickup. The DV Mark is connected to a single 12” Eminence Canibus Rex 8 ohm. It’s recorded with Logic and there’s a touch of additional reverb. Hope it gives anyone interested a sense of the amp. I like the thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

i've been playing around with the Little Mark GH250 for a week. I also tried a raw dawg 250 but it was horrible. Great fenderish sound but no headroom. The GH250 sounds great and has very good EQ and reverb but it is relatively sterile. The quilter OD200 has a much more tube-like response. I hope quilter comes out with a version that has reverb and more fendery amp controls.