The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 155

User Info Menu

I have been using the Ditto - super simple . I like creating a loop to play over fresh each time - keeps me honest I think

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Truth be told, I haven't used this functionality yet but I bought a used Roland Cube 80XL amp which has a looper built into it. I believe the looper will record up to 80 or 90 seconds. I figure I would use it to improv over chord changes and other things like that.

User Info Menu

I like the Ditto X2. I don't like single footswitch loopers, they're a pain to use.

User Info Menu

Off track, but Keith Murch's Campellone Special sounds great, to me. That Johnny Smith-sized body and 25" scale (also JS) with floating pickup yields a nicely woody/electric sound, no? Keith's playing is always swinging.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Off track, but Keith Murch's Campellone Special sounds great, to me. That Johnny Smith-sized body and 25" scale (also JS) with floating pickup yields a nicely woody/electric sound, no? Keith's playing is always swinging.
    Keith's video suggests he's using a Digitech Jamman looper in that video - Hence the selection

Matt Otten has used the Jamman on countless youtube videos for years

User Info Menu

The Jamman has been a reliable tool for lots of players for lots of years. Dead simple and reliable. Ditto for the Ditto, too.

User Info Menu

TC Electronic Ditto Stereo Looper ....easy to use...can use a 9v battery or charger. I also have an extra, brand new, never-been-opened from the box. Send a message if interested.
    Last edited by wesmont17; 01-09-2016 at 01:39 AM.

User Info Menu

I use a Digitech Jamman for practice, writing, and on solo gigs. It's easy to use and I can't imagine needing any other function than what it has.

User Info Menu

Ditto original. Cheap and simple.

Using it home with an amp, playing chords in it and soloing over. Trying new pieces for new songs too.

User Info Menu

I use Boss RC-300 loop station.
    I think it is one of the best on the market.
    Very good for practise and live performance!

User Info Menu

Ditto x2 here. No need for its extra features, should have gone with the cheaper original. Lately, I've been looping heads and comping live behind it.

User Info Menu

Jamman solo developed problems, got a used Ditto x2, use in solo and duo formats for self-accompaniment. Ideal with 7-string for full bass sound. Also found that my Zoom A3 acoustic processor will take a mic, so in trio settings, will record both guitar and percussion backing, easier for a whole band to hear with a simple percussion part along with bass and chords.

destinytot Guest
    Used my new Ditto x2 on a gig for the first time yesterday (at the end of the night) - easy and fun to use. A fantastic practising tool that I wish I'd got sooner.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SamBooka
    Depends on what you want it for... I need something basic .. hit the pedal and play. Hell I even use it for a metronome. To that end I had an RC2 . Sound quality seemed ok but after it died I got a ditto and realised the loops seemed much clearer. Ditto had issue so I went with a Jamman Express. Sound quality seemed the same (actually similar to the ditto) but a very stiff button. Didnt like it so when I came across a slightly used EH360 I stuck with that. Sounds good.. simple operation but I can save loops which was very handy when A/Bing modes to my DS1.
    What kind of issue with the Ditto?

I'm currently looking for a better sounding looper to replace my RC2. I'm happy with the features of the RC2 (storing not necessary) but i started getting disturbed that the looped sound is quite different from the original sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote

I'm currently looking for a better sounding looper to replace my RC2. I'm happy with the features of the RC2 (storing not necessary) but i started getting disturbed that the looped sound is quite different from the original sound.
    I think there is a new version now: the RC3

User Info Menu

EH360 here - super simple and you can store loops. Sounds seems OK. Haven'e messed with it much but will use it for practice and maybe a little on duo gig.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote

my ditto would occasionally have a noticeable volume drop when it was in the chain, even if it wasn't engaged. I had updated the software via USB and contacted TC electronics and they said they'd seen it before and to send the pedal back for a refund.

User Info Menu

I use the Ditto for simple accompaniment gigs with a singer or horn player so I can solo over what I played behind them, works very well, good sound, easy operation. I use the Jamman for more elaborate looping, building orchestrations, etc.; unlike Ditto, it saves what you tell it to, so you can actually prepare backing tracks for gigs in advance, if that's something useful for you. I enjoy it because I play 7-string, and having my own bass lines is really fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    I use the Ditto for simple accompaniment gigs with a singer or horn player so I can solo over what I played behind them, works very well, good sound, easy operation.
    That's exactly what i've been doing with the RC2.

How does the processed and bypassed sound of the ditto compare? On the RC2 a unpleasant difference is noticeable when i switch the loop off and play again accompaniment behind the singer/hornplayer. The looped sound is quite compressed and unnatural in comparison to the bypassed sound.

User Info Menu

My experience... I haven't tried the RC2 but I had a DIgitech looper that also did unpleasant things to the recorded sound. I sold it. I now have the TC Ditto and also a more sophisticated Pigtronix Infinity. With both of these, the recorded sound is indistinguishable from the original sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Last week i bought a ditto stereo and have played two duo gigs with it so far. Even the saxplayers (two different guys) heard the difference in sound to the RC2 i have been using for years now. The ditto sounds very natural and "acoustic", a pleasure to work with!

User Info Menu

I thought that I might offer a different perspective on loopers for practice.
    I had previously purchased and returned a Boss RC300 because I'd found the sound quality lacking and size intrusive for my small studio. I then ordered an Electro-harmonix 45000. It had terrific sound quality, where input equalled output, however, it did not provide for "Undo," and the included drum loops could not be copied for use on other tracks/loops, thereby rendering them somewhat gimmicky. I returned it.

As a result of the above disappointing experiences, I dusted off my Tascam DP 32SD digital multitrack with foot pedal, and in the process uncovered the best practice tool for my purposes. The sound quality equals input and its versatility cannot be matched by any loopers. Of course, it is not even remotely useful for live performances, but for home and studio work/practice, IMO, it excels.

User Info Menu

I've got a Jamman and it's great for practice. I like to record basslines for standards and keep them stored on the looper. When I want to practice a given tune, I overdub the chords to give me the complete accompaniment and then play the head and solo. That way I'm practicing every part of the tune. One note about the Jamman: I definitely notice that it changes the tone of the looped material so it doesn't sound QUITE like the clean guitar did. It's not a big deal for practicing, but I probably wouldn't want to perform professionally with one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jtr
    I've got a Jamman....
    But which Jamman model? I've got the Jamman Stereo, and I have not noticed any appreciable change of tone, at least according to my ears...

User Info Menu

Recently acquired a Boss RC-1 which is perfect for practice purposes, but cannot seem to find out anywhere how to remove/undo an overdub whilst retaining the basic looped sequence of chords. Can anyone help please?

David