The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Come in Rangoon, I mean Santa....
    Gibson Memphis 2015 Les Paul ES-gbeslpc15ebgh1-xl-02-jpgGibson Memphis 2015 Les Paul ES-1c56e3c6-b947-4216-a9f6-4d1653b20a86_zpsn1fvljlc-jpg
    Last edited by Eric Rowland; 01-01-2016 at 06:27 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    ....is the top solid or laminate on that ES LP?
    Laminated top, laminated rims, laminated flat back.

User Info Menu

Thanks Hammer !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_175
    I now understand that the Supreme I tried was not the same model you've owned because it had a regular neck humbucker.
    Same here. Mine was one of the first production models. Still have it and enjoy it very much. I hope that your new ES brings you many years of joyful playing.

User Info Menu

I tried one. Amazing, but unaffordable at this time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland
    Gibson Memphis 2015 Les Paul ES-gbeslpc15ebgh1-xl-02-jpg
    Perfect for Kwanzaa! Have a happy and gay Kwanzaa!!

(When I was a child, I could wish someone "Hope your day was happy and gay." I was just searching for ebony wood to fashion ebony washers with and made the unfortunate error of googling 'ebony rods'. Please don't do this with children watching. 'Ebony dowels' is the correct search term.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Jeez, sorry to hear that, I wondered about those floaters and why Gibson would put them on. Just curious, did you buy it online or was the store demo pretty OK?

Earlier supremes (not the ES) has 490R (rhythm) and 498T (treble) pickups.
    Hi Gary.
    I am embarrassed to say that I bought it online. It was difficult to travel to the dealer , who I have
    no issue with btw , The Root Beer finish and overall features ( 120th Anniv model ,Ebony FB ) lured
    me and imagined that the JS Floater would be the 'bees knees', not so, unfortunately, It is not a good
    combination with the 490T , even on its own the tone was less than satisfactory for me.
    Having subsequently personally tested the "Standard " Memphis LP ES and finding its tone, weight
    and that superb 'airy tone ' a la' a good 335, to my liking I snapped up. The Supreme is moving on
    this morning ( all that glitters...... )

Vinny, I see that Hammertone has already said that the ES LP is laminate all round, its ok with me ! the tone is all !

Eric Rowland , Yes i also tried out the Ebony ES LP Custom ( Richlite board) and it too is good , however my preference
    is as i've already said thanks. Yes Santa came early !!

Happy Holidays to you all

Cheers Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland
    Gibson Memphis 2015 Les Paul ES-gbeslpc15ebgh1-xl-02-jpg
    This is one of the best looking Lesters Ive ever seen, they should make it with the ALNICO V Stapletop p90 54 version too! Bob

User Info Menu

Nice.

So when you play that Semi Hollow LP does it sound kind of like a smaller 335 or like a 339 but darker/ deeper on the Neck PU ?

User Info Menu

damn, that's even more more hollow than a penguin or duo jet. sadly, the cheapest one is the black one, because of course it is. guess who already owns a black les paul?

but given my love of les pauls, hollow things and my rediscovering of my good old les paul special ii, this has me intrigued. price and limited availability doesn't, though. want to hear more. when i first saw it, i thought it would fall into the same neither/nor pile the 336/339s did.

User Info Menu

There have been several reports of these instruments having playability issues in the upper registers (buzzing/fretting out). Can any previous owners or those who have played an ES LP comment on this please.

User Info Menu

I don't mind you quoting me at all

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    damn, that's even more more hollow than a penguin or duo jet. sadly, the cheapest one is the black one, because of course it is. guess who already owns a black les paul? .
    nothing wrong with having more than one black guitar
    ..Gibson Memphis 2015 Les Paul ES-image-jpg