The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Herbie, we're talking about early K. Burrell stuff. I know the mantra "tone is on your fingers" (and I'm agree with that), but I think there is a audible difference between this two tones:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Barcia;600023]Herbie, we're talking about early K. Burrell stuff. I know the mantra "tone is on your fingers" (and I'm agree with that), but I think there is a audible difference between this two tones:

Great clips. I have listened KB for years and I am aware of the common distinction between old (P90, CC) and new (hb) KB sounds, but I suppose that in my ears his fingers has overruled the distinction between gear.

The latter clip has so much more nuancés that there must be differences in recording equipment too. You can even hear how the pick touches the strings. It has more presence – even though the earlier one is played thru P90, not humbucker.

Not very thick pick, what do You think? Maybe a "normal" sized medium thickness?

Now back to Pure90 clips!

User Info Menu

Backing to the Pure90's thing:

I love P90 sounds, my guitar has hb... would a hb sized P90 sound like a P90? In your case seems like it was not...
    So I have to to talk my guitar tech about how to fit a P90... and what the fee will be