The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

Just bought that pretty blonde Super 400 from the Music Zoo. Shipping from New York to Calif. via UPS. Fingers and toes crossed. Now I get to stress out together with my brother Joe.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Exciting! The eternal pipe dream

User Info Menu

Time for me to start saving some cash so that I can follow in your foot steps on the way to guitar nirvana

Good Luck ... hope it works out well for you

User Info Menu

Good luck mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Just bought that pretty blonde Super 400 from the Music Zoo. Shipping from New York to Calif. via UPS. Fingers and toes crossed. Now I get to stress out together with my brother Joe.
    Good luck Vinny. Music Zoo is a reputable dealer - no need to worry.
    I live in NY and frequent the showroom ....its high end and filled with gorgeous instruments . I recently purchased an L5 Premier.

User Info Menu

not to worry..music zoo is top ny (ie. paranoid!haha) outfit..been around long while..sure they packed it very well...congrats!

you fellows sure know how to celebrate the holidays around here!! hah

cheers

User Info Menu

I'll meet yo' vintage D'A with a Super 400 from the modern era - Take that!

Happy 4 U Mr. V!

Let her sit for 24 hours, with the box top open..then gradually acclimate her with brief amounts of room air...U know the drill
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 12-12-2015 at 05:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Longobardi
    Good luck Vinny. Music Zoo is a reputable dealer - no need to worry.
    I live in NY and frequent the showroom ....its high end and filled with gorgeous instruments . I recently purchased an L5 Premier.
    Hey Steve! The Sunburst Premier that was on ebay a month ago? Just curious

User Info Menu

Vinny,

I think you are going to be knocked out. The Super 400 is the premier expression of the electric guitar. (I am presuming that you purchased a "CES.")

The examples I have played have been nearly impossible to put back into their cases and part with. Only the need to get offspring educated kept me from taking one home at various points in time.

Congratulations. Lots of pictures, please.

User Info Menu

I love the Super 400, and hope one day to have one. Very pleased for you.

User Info Menu

YES!!!!
    i am glad for you Vinny. Extremely cool. I saw the pics and it's gorgeous. Marilyn has a mate. I think you should call it, Jane.. Or like like Mickey Hargitay called her, my little Janie..
    Vin, no matter what, you will always love Gibson from the bottom of your heart. What a Christmas present. Remember, you can't open til the 25th, unless you convert to Judaism with me next week. The church will take us back. It's gonna cost us though..
    Congratulations bro.
    Joe D
    Last edited by Max405; 12-12-2015 at 07:14 PM.

I am very excited. I bought a new one in 1978 and sold it in 1984. Missed it ever since. This one is a used 2014. They said the original owner thought it was too big. Hey the bigger the car the better the ride.

User Info Menu

I am very excited. I bought a new one in 1978 and sold it in 1984. Missed it ever since. This one is a used 2014. They said the original owner thought it was too big. Hey the bigger the car the better the ride.
    Mr. V, it was but days ago I recalled reading the lament in your comments having sold that '78. What a nice ending to that story!

I regret having sold the '72 '400, after discovering a repaired crack beneath the pickguard after the acquisition. Not knowing enough about repaired cracks on "vintage" Gibsons, and their impact on Gibson guitar values, I prematurely sold the '72 400. I later learned repaired cracks are quite common on vintage archtops and depending on the guitar the impact upon their value can be minimal...or at least it was on this particular '400, as I've since never seen a sharper early Super 400. The thing was near mint. Gibson had done the repair and per my luthier the cleats were larger than the very minor top crack needed. Noticeably big guitar, even compared to a Super Eagle. There's nuthing like a Super 400!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Hey Steve! The Sunburst Premier that was on ebay a month ago? Just curious
    Not sure. I actually went to Music Zoo one day and played everyone in stock and settled on a great sounding L5 P. It rings forever and has that classic jazz sound. I attached a few pics.Gibson Super 400-uploadfromtaptalk1449962285703-jpgGibson Super 400-uploadfromtaptalk1449962358027-jpg

Yes Joe seeing that Jane M's lower bout was bigger than Marilyn's, Janie is the perfect name bro. OK she is now named.

User Info Menu

Very nice. Serious Gibson love there.

Sweet L5 Steve ! And yes Joe you are correct. I whine about Gibson but I am a "Gibson Boy". I will have to say that Gibson being so good about stepping up to fix my Tal helped my decision to buy the S400.

User Info Menu

Sweet L5 Steve ! And yes Joe you are correct. I whine about Gibson but I am a "Gibson Boy". I will have to say that Gibson being so good about stepping up to fix my Tal helped my decision to buy the S400.
    Vinny , thanks . Please do let us know how you like the S400.

User Info Menu

the girl can't help it!

cheers

User Info Menu

Wow, thats awesome! After dealing with TMZ on my Wesmo, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a stellar instrument. There is also no doubt that they will will take care of you if it is anything less.

User Info Menu

Vinny,

The Super 400 is an icon. I for one find an 18 inch guitar quite comfortable. I enjoy mine and am sure that you will love yours. A blond Super 400 is the top of the Gibby food chain for a working jazz guitarist.

We await pictures of the new gal....

User Info Menu

Congrats, Vinny. Top drawer. (Hope you got the Black Friday offer on it?) That one looks barely "owned". It does not have a neck strap button on it. The sticker is still on the pickguard.

Play it in good health. And do wait 24 hours before you open up the box. Let it acclimate.

User Info Menu

Congratulations! "May your happiness increase."

Wow, am I ever glad that these big, expensive, super-desireable, luscious, sonorous
    guitars are too heavy for my bad shoulder or I'd be jealous. (sobs quietly)

Yes they gave me the Black Friday deal. $7649.00 delivered. They are shipping UPS ground....NY to CA. Prayers needed.

User Info Menu

They just need to put a label : Drop the shipping and it is gonna be at your expense : signed Vinny !