The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 64

User Info Menu

D'Aquisto NYE with Bartolini floater-image-jpgD'Aquisto NYE with Bartolini floater-image-jpgD'Aquisto NYE with Bartolini floater-image-jpgD'Aquisto NYE with Bartolini floater-image-jpg

Absolutely mint condition. I'm very excited about it. Local sale - I went to have a look and a play, then transferred half the money. I'll pay the other half later this week when I get a refund from a returned guitar.

The seller upgraded the pickup to a Bartolini, and the sound is very mellow, just the way I like it. I'll change his round wounds to flats, and raise the action a fraction of a millimetre, then we are good to go. He has his eye on a Sadowsky Jim Hall, hence the sale.

Very happy.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats !!! A real beauty.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Vinny.

User Info Menu

Beautiful

User Info Menu

There's nothing like a local sale to ensure a safe transaction !
    Chances are good that you'll be very happy with it for a long time
    And it's a beauty, congrats !

User Info Menu

Thanks, 55bar. It is!

339 - Thanks also. Yes, I do feel this one is a keeper. The acoustic sound is good, and the plugged-in sound excellent.

I've no excuses anymore...

User Info Menu

beautiful..yes, i see he has it strung with d'addario rounds...put some thomastik pure nickel flats on it and make it sing, er, scat...congrats

cheers

User Info Menu

That's the plan!

User Info Menu

I saw this on gumtree, thought it looked beautiful. It's a friend of my guitar tutor selling it.

User Info Menu

I only met him today. Seems a nice guy.

User Info Menu

A real looker Rob.

User Info Menu

I forgot to add... I know your fondness of classical guitar. Have you tried LaBella tape wounds? I tried them because Bucky and John Pizzarelli use them and find them to be exceptional. They give my left hand the feel of playing nylon strings. They're not for everyone though. I would guess my acoustic volume is compromised slightly but I love their mellowed tone and probably won't return to regular strings for a while.

User Info Menu

Looks fantastic! Was this made by Aria in Japan?

User Info Menu

I'm glad your vacation from jazz is over.
    Gorgeous guitar. Really classy.
    i am anxious to see a video with it, like only you can do.

Joe D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo
    I forgot to add... I know your fondness of classical guitar. Have you tried LaBella tape wounds? I tried them because Bucky and John Pizzarelli use them and find them to be exceptional. They give my left hand the feel of playing nylon strings. They're not for everyone though. I would guess my acoustic volume is compromised slightly but I love their mellowed tone and probably won't return to regular strings for a while.
    No, but I will now Thanks for the tip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Looks fantastic! Was this made by Aria in Japan?
    Yes. Their top luthiers, by the looks of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    I'm glad your vacation from jazz is over.
    Gorgeous guitar. Really classy.
    i am anxious to see a video with it, like only you can do.

Joe D
    Cheers, Joe. Certainly a video or three will arrive, all in good time.

User Info Menu

Love the shade of that finish! It is a very nice guitar - top notch Japanese craftsmanship. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Even better in the flesh, as it were. Cheers, Nils.

User Info Menu

Very nice, I like the d'aquisto style, really elegant.

Happy NGD!

User Info Menu

Many thanks. Can't wait to bring it home.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous guitar, and Aria Japan is no slouch. Is the Bartolini the 5J ?? I have that on my Yunzhi BigMike Special and it's wonderfully rich...

User Info Menu

I actually don't know, Mike. I'll find out when I pick up the guitar later in the week. I imagine it will be.

User Info Menu

I much prefer the aesthetics of those Asian D'Aquistos over the Asian D'Angelicos. The softer headstock shape, the S holes, the wood appointments, the shading. Beautiful.

But having owned both, I found the D'Aquisto neck to be a bit narrow, especially near the nut. (At least the ones I played.)

User Info Menu

I know what you mean about the aesthetics, Woody. I love the fishtail truss rod cover...

I never noticed the narrowness of the neck. Seemed fine to me.