Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 64 of 64

User Info Menu

"...I'll get around to it before long..."

Better than "Don't Get Around Much Anymore", I guess
    . Kidding aside, nice playing, Rob.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cheers, Nils. Thanks a lot. Appreciated.

User Info Menu

Rob, congratulations on the beautiful new guitar! I actually saw and contacted the seller about that one, but he was reluctant to ship internationally. I'm glad it went to a talented forum member.

User Info Menu

Many thanks, CM9! I'll look after it for you ;-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I know what you mean about the aesthetics, Woody. I love the fishtail truss rod cover...

I never noticed the narrowness of the neck. Seemed fine to me.
    I had a couple of the smaller 15" NYE-JR's with 24-3/4 scale. The nut measured 1-11/16, but perhaps the profile was narrower than the full size model.

User Info Menu

What a beautiful instrument. Looking at it, I came to the realization that the Peerless Monarch seems almost a direct copy of that instrument, right down to the headstock and scroll inlay. Strangely enough, it makes me feel even better about my Peerless, knowing it's a pretty decent copy of a totally amazing guitar!

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar, and I really enjoyed your playing on Stella. I look forward to hearing more. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Cheers, Richard!

User Info Menu

Need to get a good amp for it, good quality, but only for house playing - I don't gig.
    How about a Mambo 8 wedge. I don't know if it's a problem for you but it's so small that wifes usually don't complain about having it in the living room. Good sound. Easily portable. Available "just around the corner" from you down in England - Jon Shaw who makes them is situated near Manchester. I love mine - both for its sound and practical handling.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob,
    She's a breathtaking beauty for certain and I'm sure she sounds as good as she looks !
    Please tell me it's sheer coincidence that her colour resembles a fine 12 year old single malt ! !

User Info Menu

Yes, it's made from aged oak barrels! Smells beautiful

User Info Menu

Yes, it's made from aged oak barrels! Smells beautiful
    You just forever redefined the term "tone wood" for me! I hope you've got a bottle of Maker's Mark or something similar nearby for the arrival of this new musical partner.

When you have a great guitar, you never play alone.

User Info Menu

If it comes to whisky, thinking about Rob, I'd make the association with Bunnahabhain rather than Maker's Mark !
    D'Aquisto NYE with Bartolini floater-bunna-12-75_im53523-jpg

Very nice playing as usual, Rob !

User Info Menu

Sorry to disappoint you, guys, but I'm the only Scot in the world who never touches alcohol. But I do like the smell