The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

ZT Lunchbox is a piece of rubbish designed by and for those who cant hear.

like microwave dinner, convenient and thats it.

"But if you cant hear it does not matter" Jack Lemon

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flush
    dangit i really want a DV mark combo or a Lunchbox stack for the portability and better tone, but i'm worried they wouldn't be loud enough for heavy fusion like my cube 80watt
    My experience with the LB is that it didn't have anywhere near the usable volume that the advertised 200w would suggest.

To produce any kind of bass at all, it had to be on the floor. When I raised it off the floor, it sounded screechy. The louder I played, the worse it sounded.

I was able to get about as much usable volume from my 12 watt Crate practice amp -- because it sounded good at head height.

I just ordered the DV Mark Little Jazz (and traded in my LB). I'll report on it when it arrives, supposed to be 2 weeks.

I know I've posted on this too much. My only defense is that I don't think I've ever owned a piece of gear I got so little use out of.

User Info Menu

My experience with the LB is that it didn't have anywhere near the usable volume that the advertised 200w would suggest.
    Yeah that's unfortunate advertising, if you read the small lines it says 200w peak not rms. However, i like mine with all kinds of guitars. Sure there are better solutions, but it 's giggable. Here's some clips where i used it as a miced amp and stage monitor, with a tele and a les paul.. For these times you don't want to carry anything for some reason... it delivers!

solo on 2:15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar

To produce any kind of bass at all, it had to be on the floor. When I raised it off the floor, it sounded screechy. The louder I played, the worse it sounded.

I was able to get about as much usable volume from my 12 watt Crate practice amp -- because it sounded good at head height.

I just ordered the DV Mark Little Jazz (and traded in my LB). I'll report on it when it arrives, supposed to be 2 weeks.

I know I've posted on this too much. My only defense is that I don't think I've ever owned a piece of gear I got so little use out of.
    i look forward to your report!

User Info Menu

Reviving this thread, since I've used all three amps in the OP.

I've posted elsewhere that I couldn't get a sound I liked from the LB. I think the power rating is very misleading. Not just because it's peak power not rms, but because the amp doesn't have much more usable volume than a practice amp. Others disagree, but that is my impression. I found it almost useless.

The Roland 40x was much better. There's one in the room where my octet rehearses and I've used it on a gig. Plenty loud for what I do. More bells and whistles than I need. Sound is good enough.

I am now using the Little Jazz for almost everything. Big band to quartet rehearsals. I've had it in a big room, but with a quiet audience. I have not had to use it with a loud band in a loud room. Basically, it can get as loud as I want to play. Others will disagree.

The LJ weighs less than the Roland and is a little smaller. I'm very happy with it. I think it may sound a little better than the Roland.