Possibly a wee bit over the top .

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    sure...
    That Tele has spandex all over it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polyp
    Hi. Has anybody tried a trapeze on a tele, thinline or sold body?
    Yes...
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-captura-de-pantalla-2023-11-09-075920-png 

User Info Menu

sure...
    Steve Morse, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carlones
    Yes...
    That‘s more like it…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Yes...
    That’s beautiful! What is it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    That’s beautiful! What is it?
    It is custom built by a local luthier.

Here with another tailpiece, the nice original ebony one broke (sniff!!).

It is full hollow, gibson scale neck, 12" radius, P90..., super!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-imagen-de-whatsapp-2023-11-09-las-13-48-15_417f2811-jpg 

User Info Menu

It is custom built by a local luthier.

Here with another tailpiece, the nice original ebony one broke (sniff!!).

It is full hollow, gibson scale neck, 12" radius, P90..., super!!
    Wow that’s awesome!!

User Info Menu

Hi. Has anybody tried a trapeze on a tele, thinline or sold body?
    I have planned one for some years. Solid mahogany body, set mahog neck, Les Paul scale, trapeze tailpiece, jazz base bridge etc.

In fact the plan is just same as in Gretsch BillyBo or Jupiter, but in the shape of the telecaster. The colour will be same red as in it. (My wife likes red things, so a red new instrument would be a delight for her eyes.)

But besides of the financial factors, the project has been slowed down by the fact that I can’t decide, what pickups I want in it. Are humbuckers a dull choice? Would the Filtertrons be too special? I love P90s, but should I go for some different here? Questions questions but no answers.

So no NGD post for a while…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    I have planned one for some years. Solid mahogany body, set mahog neck, Les Paul scale, trapeze tailpiece, jazz base bridge etc.

In fact the plan is just same as in Gretsch BillyBo or Jupiter, but in the shape of the telecaster. The colour will be same red as in it. (My wife likes red things, so a red new instrument would be a delight for her eyes.)

But besides of the financial factors, the project has been slowed down by the fact that I can’t decide, what pickups I want in it. Are humbuckers a dull choice? Would the Filtertrons be too special? I love P90s, but should I go for some different here? Questions questions but no answers.

So no NGD post for a while…
    Hmmm, what about a TV Jones Power'Tron on neck position?
    Not actually a Gretsch nor a Gibson, a mix that could be a interesting choice...

User Info Menu

Yes...
    Thank you, that's exactly what I had in mind.

User Info Menu

What would anybody recommend as a sound but cheap thinline tele to seriously alter?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dhango
    Hmmm, what about a TV Jones Power'Tron on neck position?
    Not actually a Gretsch nor a Gibson, a mix that could be a interesting choice...
    Thanks for the suggestion.

One more option to make me dazed and confused!

I know humbuckers, but all kinds of -tron pickups are ’greek to me’.

So the answer is: maybe yes!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Thanks for the suggestion.

One more option to make me dazed and confused!

I know humbuckers, but all kinds of -tron pickups are ’greek to me’.

So the answer is: maybe yes!
    For all I know, it has Gibson humbuckers fundamental tones with all the highs and articulation of the Gretsch Filtertrons.
    Or so they say...

User Info Menu

Until last Friday, I would never have expected to post on this particular subforum. Never a Fender fan, I stumbled on a 2015 MIC 60s Squier Classic Thinline (mahogany), and have been spellbound ever since. Today I took her to band rehearsals. My bandmates gave lavish compliments on the tone. Mostly over 80, with or without their prescribed hearing aids, they just probably heard the guitar clearer than a more complex archtop. Well, I'm in the same category. The guitar came with .09s; I changed a .11 TI Bebop set bought from a closeout sale for next to nothing. The guitar itself cost 310€, and it's looker, too. The backline: Quilter SuperBlock US and TOOB Metro 6.5BG.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 11-14-2023 at 03:59 PM.

User Info Menu

This is my humble SX Tele with stock microphonic bridge pickup and a generic alnico five filtertron hb copy at the neck.
    It has a great neck and finger board. I have had it for about 20years now as a (somewhat) trusty back up to my archtops. I played a '85 G&L asat special for some years in the 90s but this cheap little bugger has stayed with me longer than anything else I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-106529d1700592327-telecaster-love-thread-no-archtops-allowed-img_20231107_160627351-jpg-01-jpeg 
    Last edited by Dean_G; 11-28-2023 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fix picture

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_G
    This is my humble SX Tele with stock microphonic bridge pickup and a generic alnico five filtertron hb copy at the neck.
    It has a great neck and finger board. I have had it for about 20years now as a (somewhat) trusty back up to my archtops. I played a '85 G&L asat special for some years in the 90s but this cheap little bugger has stayed with me longer than anything else I have. Sorry about sideways photo, what's up with that?
    Cool! [What's the amp -- Vintage 47?]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Cool! [What's the amp -- Vintage 47?]
    Thanks, it's cheap and cheerful!
    Yes, Vintage47 Ric , I am running 6L6s in it for a tad more head room. My favorite amp, but I most often use a dv mark jazz 12 for group gigs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_G
    It has a great neck and finger board. I have had it for about 20years now as a (somewhat) trusty back up to my archtops. I played a '85 G&L asat special for some years in the 90s but this cheap little bugger has stayed with me longer than anything else I have. Sorry about sideways photo, what's up with that?
    I believe the forum code thinks all photos should be shown in landscape orientation.

User Info Menu

^^I'm reposting for educational purposes.

As I understand it, if you take a picture with your phone (or camera I guess) the orientation is with your phone "up". Therefore if you upload it to some forums, it will orient it that way, regardless of how you were holding the phone/camera at the time.

The way to solve this is to edit the photo. I quick edit virtually every iPhone photo I take and share. They almost always have better exposure than the original. When you save it, the desired orientation will be saved with it. So when you upload this edited version, the orientation will be what you want.

User Info Menu

I just bought a new-to-me Telecaster. I used to have an American Standard 1993 Telecaster and now want another.

I really like my 1974 Stratocaster, and I wanted a Telecaster of similar or earlier vintage. Turns out the price of 1960s Telecasters is crazy. For example Guitar Center has one for $19,000 listed presently.

So, a Fender Custom Shop Telecaster was looking more reasonable. I found a nice used "1967-style" Telecaster to match my Stratocaster.

Still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

User Info Menu

2016 CS Journeyman.

User Info Menu

sure...
    Legendary guitar of a legendary guitarist!

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-fender-1967-telecaster-jpeg

User Info Menu

What would anybody recommend as a sound but cheap thinline tele to seriously alter?
    Look at the G&L ASAT Tribute models. My son has my old Bluesboy, and we added a belly cut and swapped out the neck humbucker to a humbucker sized P90 (or H90, I guess). It sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk